The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

cjd874

Reaction score
I'm thinking that Chris Cerf might have picked up some inspiration for the Alphabeats from this band. Doesn't "Exit" sound a lot like "Hot Fun in the Summertime?" Discuss.............

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It does have a similar melody, but I dunno.... “Exit” always gave me a bit of a vibe of having the style of a Randy Newman song from the 70s.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
0:30 of that Sly song I hear Genesis' "Misunderstanding".

That's very well how songwriters can come up with songs; you can literally hear some minute 5 second thing from one song and make it your own.

cjd874

Reaction score
It does have a similar melody, but I dunno.... “Exit” always gave me a bit of a vibe of having the style of a Randy Newman song from the 70s.
Ah, okay...I don't really know Randy Newman's music very well so I can't speak further on that.
0:30 of that Sly song I hear Genesis' "Misunderstanding".
So do I! That riff goes from [music teacher mode activated] the note D to E, F, A, and then G. That also repeats a few more times in "Hot Fun," like at 0:55 - 1:18 and in the chorus too.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a bit of Newman in "Exit"; he wrote the Toy Story music and other Pixar scores. I love this song of his. Pair it with nostalgia and it's deadly:

I got niinja'd by Jerry while typing this, but here's another one. He's kind of known for those pounding piano chords that sound liike they would be played in a tavern, lol.