The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

cjd874

Reaction score
Ridiculously short vintage gym shorts only belong on the female body. :stick_out_tongue:
But that's exactly what the fashionable thing seemed to be back then...remember when Julius Erving (Dr. J), Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and Michael Jordan were in the NBA? Short shorts were all the rage...thankfully that fashion didn't last too long.
Anyways...back to music! I am listening to Joe Jackson's "Stepping Out: The Very Best of" album, kicking off with the hit "Is She Really Going Out With Him?"

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Joe Jackson is amazing, and that song is timeless.

Here's a #1 '80s song I heard for the first time yesterday:

Every time I discover a song like this or "Sailing" by Christopher Cross that you never hear on the radio (only Sirius XM), I always learn it reached #1 on the charts.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Probably the third time I've posted this song in this thread... unbelievable. Pure energy, and not a wasted second.

Disbanded the band in less than a year; shortly after wrote another great pop gem lost to the sands of time:

Only 17 years ago... doesn't even feel possible for a song like this to come out nowadays.

cjd874

Reaction score
Joe Jackson is amazing, and that song is timeless.

Here's a #1 '80s song I heard for the first time yesterday:

Every time I discover a song like this or "Sailing" by Christopher Cross that you never hear on the radio (only Sirius XM), I always learn it reached #1 on the charts.
My new favorite song is Joe Jackson's "You Can't Get What You Want (Til You Know What You Want)." And Christopher Cross is also pretty cool, too: "Sailing," "Ride Like the Wind," and "Arthur's Theme" are all very well-written and performed.
Now let's get back to Joe Jackson, shall we? If this doesn't make you get up and boogie, what will?