The Steven Universe thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Some people are complaining about the most recent episode because they said it felt out of place and like it should've aired in season 2 or 3. I personally liked it. I don't think every episode has to be some big character development moment or something that furthers the arc. It's good to see that Steven still has a life outside of the missions they go on. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the recent episodes, but I really missed the lighter, standalone stories from the first season.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Some people are complaining about the most recent episode because they said it felt out of place and like it should've aired in season 2 or 3. I personally liked it. I don't think every episode has to be some big character development moment or something that furthers the arc. It's good to see that Steven still has a life outside of the missions they go on. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the recent episodes, but I really missed the lighter, standalone stories from the first season.
Exactly. It's a filler episode serving to let the viewers relax after something more heavy-hitting, much like many animes it channels.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So Navy (one of the Space Rubies named for having her gem in her navel) comes to Earth looking to join the Crystal Gems, and Steven lets her seek refuge with Lapis and Peridot. Lapis was not buying her adorably naïve love for everything, as it took her so long to love Earth herself. Peridot, on the other hand, was more willing to let her stay, knowing what it's like to be in her position.
However, in a big twist, Navy swindled the team into getting her ship back during a seemingly innocent joyride, which Lapis couldn't help but shout at the rooftops about how right she was about her.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I must say, I wasn't expecting that twist. Not just because she seemed so innocent in this episode, but because she didn't seem smart enough to pull something like this off in any of her other appearances. So, well done writers!

I loved how delightfully psychopathic she turned out to be at the end.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'm glad this thread exists! I'm a HUUUGE fan of SU. Anyone else hyped for the upcoming "Wanted" event?

Also, I like Topaz - one of the new Homeworld Gems sent to Earth by the Diamonds - so far. Aquamarine is a little brat, though. She's small and cute, but strong and mean. Think Madaline meets Darla Dimple with a British accent.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, a Cats Can't Dance reference. I've been lost with SU not watching anything regularly, so any new characters I wonder if they're fanfic creations or have actually shown up in the series. Then again, SU would be hugely helped if they had a line of figures or Mini/Vinimates.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Heh, a Cats Can't Dance reference. I've been lost with SU not watching anything regularly, so any new characters I wonder if they're fanfic creations or have actually shown up in the series. Then again, SU would be hugely helped if they had a line of figures or Mini/Vinimates.
Aquamarine and Topaz
are official characters that appeared in the latest episodes. (Marked their names as spoilers in case someone hasn't seen the new episodes yet.)

And yes, I really do wish SU had an actual toy/figure line outside of Funko Pops and Mystery Minis. The only pieces of SU merchandise I own right now are a t-shirt and the Monopoly game. SU stuff is kinda hard to find. But apparently toys are on the way.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm really hoping the Off Colors
(along with the resurrected and reborn Lars)
get to go back to Earth and join the Crystal Gems someday.
I'm also hoping Topaz will, too, maybe making friends with Lapis, who should easily sympathize with her as she knows what it's like to be in an abusive relationship.