The Steven Universe thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
The color on my old TV is screwed up. I totally thought that mystery girl was a Quartz gem because she looked like she had Jasper's skin tone. I double checked it online and she's merely a human brown skin color, rather than orange.

snichols1973

Reaction score
As of right now, potential storylines that have yet to surface would be the one when (and if) Mrs. Maheswaran were to find out about Steven and Connie's fusion into Stevonnie and how her reaction would affect Steven's and Connie's friendship, in contrast with the events of "We Need To Talk", where Greg witnesses Stevonnie's fusion dance and he offers his support for Connie....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Turns out, Onion talks like his father.

Great to see that onion actually does have other friends besides Steven, but it's a shame that

they're only there for the summer, and as fall creeps in, they have to leave and go back to their respective homes, leaving Steven the only one that Onion hangs out with

Also, it's great to see that even though Steven never got along with Onion before, they've become very close since the episode where they met Vidalia.

And considering the Crewniverse watches a lot of anime, I can't help think that Onion's gang, especially since they're named after vegetables, aren't partially inspired by Usopp's Veggie Pirate crew from the beginning of One Piece.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Onion's friends were more like a combination of the Lost Boys and the Little Rascals to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
UGH.

Well, it looks like that's the last episode for a while again. Apparently Yoursday is now like one episode of Teen Titans and a movie. Great. CN's going to be a 10 year old crappy movie channel now, I bet.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
UGH.

Well, it looks like that's the last episode for a while again. Apparently Yoursday is now like one episode of Teen Titans and a movie. Great. CN's going to be a 10 year old crappy movie channel now, I bet.
On the bright side though, Regular Show is coming back in a couple of weeks. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
In the meantime, here's a very self-referential short giving a nod to the fan community and react videos.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't watched any current episodes... But I appreciate/am able to catch up "somewhat" since CN's airing a mini-marathon of SU episodes on the weekends all centered around a specific theme/title like Fusions or Peridot's Redemption or Jasper's Corruption which included the episode with Smoky Quartz.

Makes me ponder...
Ruby+Sapphire = Garnet.
Garnet+Pearl = Sardonyx.
Garnet+Amethyst = Sugilite.
Pearl+Amethyst = Opal.
Garnet+Pearl+Amethyst = Alexandrite.
Steven+Connie = Stevonnie.
Amethyst+Steven = Smoky Quartz.

Will the other gems fuse with Steven?
Will Peridot ever fuse with any of the others?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
In the meantime, here's a very self-referential short giving a nod to the fan community and react videos.
Yep I think they pretty much nailed the SU fandom. But wow, if that was one of the better episodes of "Crying Breakfast Friends" then i'd hate to see a bad one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say it at least gives us enough to go on for what a Crying Breakfast Friends episode is. Remember, this is the show only Steven seems to like. Certainly a nice nod at the SU reaction videos. Especially the "What?! OH...I know what this is." bit.