The RHLC!

analeisa

Reaction score
yea, i love watching the sky. i can be quite content watching bird, or just stairing out the window in the car. it makes me happy :flirt: also, i am quite happy his characters have been recast, and with it being david, he'll do them justice, at least i think, since they were friends.
Oh, me too! It's awesome to watch the scenery go by in your car. Though my favorite is watching the sky when the stars are out. Also, even if David and Richard weren't friends: David's Scooter is great.

It's one of my favorite images as well - and you know, it's kind of symbolic. Just as the Cape was under siege from the storm, Richard's health was under siege from his illness. And I think his refusal to abandon the house was also a way of saying he wouldn't let his illness break his spirit. That's the way I see it.
Wow, that is lovely symbolism you have there. Kudos. :smile: But that story and Richard's house on the Cape in general just remind of how spiritual the guy he was. He seemed very in-tune with all kinds of people. Sure, he liked to be the center of silly attention but kept some things private.

That said: hi Fletchy! I don't think we've met before. I'm Ana. I'm happy the interview find made it on the Scooter fan-page. It sounds like Richard play the go-fer to me but he just sounds off. I put it to the video qaulity and the time period.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
oh yes, his Scooter is great, i'm just saying he's trying to do it justice because they were friends. my sister hates the guy who's taken over most of Frank Oz's characters [eric something] and i agree, he can do some lines, but his voice is off, i hope it gets better over time. but i think David is practicing and trying to get it as close as possible because it's kinda like keeping his friend alive. [odd, but that's how i see it]

also Muppet Newsgirl, i really agree with your belief on the storm and Richard. i don't think it could be described any better :wink:

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Hi, Fletchy, how're you doing?

To my ears, it does sound like Richard - but he sounds kind of off. And that's a good point - it could be the sound quality, or it could be that Richard wasn't feeling well that day.
Hey, Muppet Newsgirl! I'm ok thanks. how be you?

Yeah I was thinking another reason could've been Richard's health at the time since it wasn't long before his passing. I'm thinking it must've been him anyway cos I noticed a hat on the bottom right hand corner of the screen appear and it looks like a hat Richard would've worn :wink:

That said: hi Fletchy! I don't think we've met before. I'm Ana. I'm happy the interview find made it on the Scooter fan-page. It sounds like Richard play the go-fer to me but he just sounds off. I put it to the video qaulity and the time period.
Hey, analeisa! :smile: Yeah, I don't think we have met before. Nice to meet a fellow Richard Hunt Lover! :wink:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
cool, you noticed the hat too. that's why i think it's him :wink:

analeisa

Reaction score
No, I get what you're saying, Nekoshema. David is going to try harder to stay true to the characters because they meant so much to his friend. If someone else had taken over Janice/Scooter, there wouldn't be that kind of emotional investment. I think you can tell he's practicing because his Scooter from the Jimmy Fallon appearance is already better than his Scooter from Letters to Santa.

Hey, analeisa! :smile: Yeah, I don't think we have met before. Nice to meet a fellow Richard Hunt Lover! :wink:
Indeed. Glad to you to meet you, Fletchy!:smile: Oh and: I noticed the hat too. It amuses me for some reason how often Richard wore those kind of hats.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Okay, I see what you mean - just after the fifty-second mark, there's what looks like the brim of a soft gray hat in the lower right corner, down below Scooter. And it does look like a newsboy cap - the kind that Richard is seen wearing in a lot of TMS photos. The style suited him well.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
man, i've always loved those hats even before i knew Richard wore them. just recently i got one, and i've been wearing it like all the time [i should stop, my grandmother told me wearing hats all the time makes you go bald... but i have really thick hair so... :wink:]

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
No, I get what you're saying, Nekoshema. David is going to try harder to stay true to the characters because they meant so much to his friend. If someone else had taken over Janice/Scooter, there wouldn't be that kind of emotional investment. I think you can tell he's practicing because his Scooter from the Jimmy Fallon appearance is already better than his Scooter from Letters to Santa.

Indeed. Glad to you to meet you, Fletchy!:smile: Oh and: I noticed the hat too. It amuses me for some reason how often Richard wore those kind of hats.
The man had some good fashion sense, IMO anyway heh :wink:

I have to agree with what you said about David and Scooter too. There were a couple scenes and lines in LTS where I thought he sounded a little off but got better as he went along even in that special. And in his Jimmy Fallon appearance, he was better than ever. I haven't seen a lot of his Janice but from what I've seen I think he's definitely the best recast for her. I also love the fact that Steve Whitmire had a hand in getting David to do these characters after hearing the MuppetCast tribute to Richard. Just a great thing to hear :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I agree - it does take a little bit of getting used to, hearing David as Scooter, because for the most part, we're all completely used to hearing Richard do Scooter's voice. But it's true, one way or another you do adjust.

As we've said a few times, it's very apropos that David's been tapped to take on Scooter, seeing as Richard was his mentor, best friend and long-distance-hiking pal.