The RHLC!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
On one of the MuppetCast episodes, there's an audio clip of outtakes from the Declaration of Independence sketch from one SST episode in the late 1980s. It's got Richard as Don Music (playing Thomas Jefferson) and Frank as Grover (as a colonist) and I think Jerry as Phil the chicken. But it's a riot - someone keeps flubbing a line, and Richard starts laughing his head off, and Grover sounds more like Miss Piggy in high dudgeon.
lol, sounds interesting. which episode is it, you remember?

they should sell a special DVD of behind the scene stuff and outtakes, i would buy it. :wink:

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
i really hope they change up who they feature. no offence if you are a fan, but i wish they weren't so in your face with animal. he's really not that important over all, still entertaining, but Floyd is seen more. i guess i get a little upset seeing animal everywhere since all i've ever wanted is a scooter plushie of my very own...
I've felt the same way. I hope I don't sound too annoying or somewhat biased here considering I love Scooter but one thing I've felt that it's a little unfair how he's gotten looked over with merchandising compared to other characters who don't really do as much compared to him, (Animal, Beaker, etc) or at least was that way when Richard was playing him. Even the first two movies (TMM & TGMC) didn't give a whole lot for Scooter to do and sometimes there's that feeling of him being pushed aside or not given the attention he deserves. I've actually felt that way about quite a few of Richard's characters. That's not to say I hold any resentment to some characters who are more popular, they're obviously up there for a reason, but sometimes I've felt it's a shame that a lot of Richard's core characters weren't as popular as they should've been.

and behind the scene stuff and outtakes, i love them. that's really why i buy DVD's myself. ok, yes, owning the series is another reason, but if i have something on VHS [remember thoses things?] and it works, bonus features are the only reason's i'd buy it. i hope the new season has of muppets and men, or something awesome like that :wink:
YES! More behind the scenes stuff would be awesome, perhaps even a whole DVD of just behind the scenes footage would be spectacular too IMO. I hope one day those "home movies" Steve Whitmire mentioned will get cleared and released to the world. I always love the interviews with the stories of behind the scenes too and the whole chemistry between certain groups was like.

Kiki

Reaction score
Hey fellow RHLCer's! :smile: Long time no see-- er, talk! Yeah... I'm really sorry about that actually, and there is no excuse for it- I've been *fairly* active on MC (but the amount of schoolwork I've been getting has been really overwelming. -_- Guh.) but... jeepers, I feel really bad. I'm sorry! D:

First of all, hi to everyone- including new members, I hope to get to know y'all properly. :smile: Hey Fletchy, LOVE the avvy, and-- *looks at signature* hey, did you make a Scooter fan club on Facebook? That's awesome-as! I'd love to join (would help if I had a facebook account first though xP). Random thought: is the RHLC on facebook? It SHOULD BEH. -.- :wink: Anyway, I must come on here more often, I keep on forgetting about the Henson People section of this forum.Hope all is well with everyone!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
hey Kiki, good to see you again. there is actually a kinda RHLC on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Richard-Hunt/219002232796?ref=ts

fletchy, i totally wish they would come out with steve's home movies. that was the selling point for me buying fraggle rock season two [and i'm so glad i did, seeing Richard makes me laugh every time] whenever i'm in a bad mood, i just need to find a bonus feature with the man, or watch statler and waldorf, or puppetman, and i'm smiling again :wink:

analeisa

Reaction score
Hi Kiki! :smile: I haven't seen you around here so: it's nice to meet you.

I hope I don't sound too annoying or somewhat biased here considering I love Scooter but one thing I've felt that it's a little unfair how he's gotten looked over with merchandising compared to other characters who don't really do as much compared to him, (Animal, Beaker, etc) or at least was that way when Richard was playing him. Even the first two movies (TMM & TGMC) didn't give a whole lot for Scooter to do and sometimes there's that feeling of him being pushed aside or not given the attention he deserves.
Ditto. I might be biased but I really don't think Scooter gets the attention he deserves. He's always been an important character (he is Kermit's right hand man, once took over hosting the show, part of the core group, etc.) but it's not represented in merchandising and stuff like that. For example, in Muppet Chirstmas Carol the retired characters of the time (Rowlf, Janice, even Scooter's Uncle) got cameos but he didn't.

Oh and: I would LOVE if more of Steve's Home Movies got released. The one on Fraggle Rock Season 2 is one of my favorite things. It shows Richard recording/hanging out with everyone and then Steve talks about how awesome he is! <33 I would buy a whole DVD of behind the scenes stuff like that. *dreamy sigh*

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hi, Kiki - I have the same problem, except in my case it's work that's taking up valuable time.

You've got a good point there, Fletchy - Scooter, along with some of Richard's other characters, aren't in the limelight as often as some other Muppet characters...then too, Miss Piggy's awfully good at "hogging" the spotlight, hmm?

Same here, analeisa - the behind-the-scenes bits are some of my favorite parts of the Muppet DVD releases. That recording session with the guys doing "Rev" is a good one - although it's a miracle that Phil Balsam didn't take someone's eye out with that baton. It's so cool to hear the guys telling jokes and wisecracks in between takes. At one point, Richard says to Dave, "You know, I admire you. I don't know why," as Kathy Mullen starts laughing.

Let's face it, a dose of the Muppets is good for the everyday blues. Last weekend, I spent the day running around NYC, in the middle of one wicked bad rainstorm. (And people are still drying out from that storm around here, but that's another story.) But I stopped in to spend some time at the Paley Center for Media, and I watched a few Muppet clips, and I forgot all about the wind and the rain for a while. (And I noticed that at least one other person was in there watching Muppet clips as well.)

Kiki

Reaction score
hey Kiki, good to see you again. there is actually a kinda RHLC on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Richard-Hunt/219002232796?ref=ts

fletchy, i totally wish they would come out with steve's home movies. that was the selling point for me buying fraggle rock season two [and i'm so glad i did, seeing Richard makes me laugh every time] whenever i'm in a bad mood, i just need to find a bonus feature with the man, or watch statler and waldorf, or puppetman, and i'm smiling again
Ooh, I badly want to see Steve's home movies. For those who don't know, I live in Australia, and although all of the FR series have been released here they don't come with the special features. :frown: What's with that? Though I have seen all the fabbity-fab-fab special features on season 1 because I ordered it online. :wink:

Btw, thank for the link- much appreciated! Ha, that's awesome! Great to see you too, Nekoshema. c:

Hi Kiki! I haven't seen you around here so: it's nice to meet you.
Likewise, Analeisa (ooh, what a lovely name)- lovely to meet you. :smile: Always awesome to meet a fellow Hunt fan too, heehee. ;3 Btw, hope you don't mind, I checked out your tumblr (the one on your MC profile), the one dedicated to muppeteers- I must say, awesome pics! I haven't come across many of them before.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Btw, hope you don't mind, I checked out your tumblr (the one on your MC profile), the one dedicated to muppeteers- I must say, awesome pics! I haven't come across many of them before.
Ooh...I just did too. :excited: I feel like a kid in the world's largest candy shop, or, in this case, an adolescent girl staring at a large group of pictures of extremely hawt celebrities. :flirt::wink:

Kiki

Reaction score
Hi, Kiki - I have the same problem, except in my case it's work that's taking up valuable time.

You've got a good point there, Fletchy - Scooter, along with some of Richard's other characters, aren't in the limelight as often as some other Muppet characters...then too, Miss Piggy's awfully good at "hogging" the spotlight, hmm?

Same here, analeisa - the behind-the-scenes bits are some of my favorite parts of the Muppet DVD releases. That recording session with the guys doing "Rev" is a good one - although it's a miracle that Phil Balsam didn't take someone's eye out with that baton. It's so cool to hear the guys telling jokes and wisecracks in between takes. At one point, Richard says to Dave, "You know, I admire you. I don't know why," as Kathy Mullen starts laughing.

Let's face it, a dose of the Muppets is good for the everyday blues. Last weekend, I spent the day running around NYC, in the middle of one wicked bad rainstorm. (And people are still drying out from that storm around here, but that's another story.) But I stopped in to spend some time at the Paley Center for Media, and I watched a few Muppet clips, and I forgot all about the wind and the rain for a while. (And I noticed that at least one other person was in there watching Muppet clips as well.)
Hey MN- great to hear from you! :smile: I'm so sorry to hear about work. I can't wait until it's holidays, where I can just do what I want (art, watching TV... BD) minus all the schoolwork. Dx

Yeah, I agree with all of you guys! The Muppets, as I've said on a number of occasions, are my comfort food. c: Cheap therepy, lol. I currently have a cold, but watching the 40 Years of Sunny Days DVDs has lifted my spirits.

Ooh...I just did too. :excited: I feel like a kid in the world's largest candy shop, or, in this case, an adolescent girl staring at a large group of pictures of extremely hawt celebrities.
Amen, my m'dear. c: Them muppeteers sure are fine. <3 x3 Many of those shots I haven't seen in years, if not ever (random thought: i still get overly excited whenever I go to the milkbar and catch sight of all the lollies, heehee x3).

Nekoshema

Reaction score
lol, nice wording gelfling girl :big_grin:

you're so lucky muppet newsgirl you can go to the paley center and check out cool stuff like that. around here there's only 3 muppet fans [my sister, my new friend and i] everyone else hates them. [and i should have never told my one guy friend i admire someone named Richard Hunt cuz he won't stop calling him 'dick hunt' and adding gay slurs onto it, i swear i'll punch him if he doesn't stop:mad:]

anyway, the muppets and the cast cheer me up [not including 'Saying Goodbye'] for some unknown reason. maybe it's because they are childhood, they're silly, or no matter how old i get, they can still make me laugh. i can still watch old sesame street clips on youtube and laugh like i was 3 again. [two-headed monster ftw]

what i hope they would do is release a behind the scenes DVD but also add in the pilot for Puppetman [i keep watching the opening on youtube and i love it, i really want to see the whole thing, particularly the part where Richard has to sing with Rita.]

one last thing, my sister had this school project and she based her character off Richard's in Puppetman, and she wanted me to link it to you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3jZVGhKu1U, and yes she owns a Bert puppet, don't get me started. :frown: