The Nostalgia Thread

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
So I posted in the "What made you smile today" thread that our boy Kerm won the award for the "most nostalgic song ever":

Now it has me thinking: the uploader and I seem to be the same age (mid-20s) and the songs he cited at the minute mark didn't do anything for me then and still don't do anything for me now. I must have really early onset nostalgic cause I'm most (and almost exclusively) nostalgic for the things when I was 0-7 years old, which would be '94-'01 for me. This involves a lot of the "lite alternative" of the late-'90s such as "Barely Breathing" by Duncan Sheik, "If It Makes You Happy" by Sheryl Crow and "How Bizarre" by OMC.

I know this oddly specific, but I would actually cite second grade as when I stopped feeling nostalgic over things, thinking about the games, music, etc of the time. Like I feel nostalgic over Paper Mario but not Kingdom Hearts. :laugh:

I was just curious what eras of your life you guys are most nostalgic over: was it when you were really infantile like me, a teenager or maybe even young adult?

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I just rewatched an old episode of Allegra's Window which I haven't seen since I was 5 or 6 years old. I somehow remembered almost nothing about the show despite watching it regularly when I was a little kid. Literally the only thing I could remember was the theme song.

While it doesn't hold up as well as Eureeka's Castle, I still loved the creativity of it all. The main reason I enjoyed it though was this little dog character named Lindi. OMG! She is without a doubt the cutest puppet I've ever seen. I just want to hug her! Lol.

She oddly bares a slight resemblance to my dog Lakota Sioux. Minus the dress and blonde hair obviously :stick_out_tongue:.