The Nostalgia Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This was before most people’s time, but let me tell you about something you missed out on.
Some of you probably went to McDonald’s once or twice. The best thing they had were their apple pies.
(They made cherry pies once, but nowhere near as good).
The pies were deep fried. It looked like a giant egg roll. Inside was super hot, warm apples in a melted cinnamon saue. The crust was super crisp. They were to die for.
Unfortunately, the deep fried apple pies were gone in the early 90s in the wake of Mickey D’s infamous lawsuit (which inspired a Seinfeld episode) where a lady ordered coffee at the drive-through. The lid wasn’t on tight, she spilled it on her legs and burned herself.
$100 million later, the lady is set for life, Mickey D’s is still in business, but the pies are gone. Fearing another lawsuit with the hot filling, Bye Bye Pie.
McDonald’s still sells something called apple pie,. Baked, not fried. Tasteless apples in a mushy crust.
The deep fried pies still exist. All you have to do is fly to Russia.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Since the 80’s the evolution of video games really took off.
In the early 80’s, Atari ruled the universe. But in passing years, I’ve seen Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and X-boxes come and go.

Has anyone ever played pinball?
Pinball machines have been around since the Thirties, but they hit a big spike in 1975 with The Who’s Tommy movie, with Elton John as the Pinball Wizard.
During this time (I was seven or eight) arcades popped everywhere. Anywhere you could fit one- bowling alleys, roller rinks, pizza joints, movie theaters, any place where kids hung out would have a pinball machine.
Or two or three.
Arcades were a profitable business.
Rent a space, lease the machines and kids would faithfully pump quarters into these things. All you had to do was occasionally empty out the quarters and MAYBE sweep up the cigarette ashes.

I loved pinball and would go to the arcade every chance I got.
Christmas 1976 Santa brought me a pinball machine. It wasn’t as big as the arcade models, but kids came over a lot to compete with me.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe @tutter_fan was a pinball freak too.
Sad thing is, when I was seven or so, I used to be a little nervous of the teenage punks who hung out at the arcade.
The last time I was in an arcade was sometime in my thirties. Same teenage punks hanging out. They STILL make me nervous!☠😿😯

mariolover

Reaction score
123 Sesame Street "Episode 3870" (The Animal Film Festival) (OAD: 1/28/2000) /
64 Zoo Lane "The Story of The Monster in the Forest /The Story of the Jungle Clearing"
Maisy "Train / Bike / Party / Bedtime"
Miffy & Friends "Miffy in the Wind / Miffy and the Seasons"
Franklin "Franklin the Trooper / Franklin's Fossil" Oobi "Ooma Dreams / Pretend Circus!"
Dora the Explorer "Lost and Found" Play With Me Sesame

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
123 Sesame Street "Episode 3870" (The Animal Film Festival) (OAD: 1/28/2000) /
64 Zoo Lane "The Story of The Monster in the Forest /The Story of the Jungle Clearing"
Maisy "Train / Bike / Party / Bedtime"
Miffy & Friends "Miffy in the Wind / Miffy and the Seasons"
Franklin "Franklin the Trooper / Franklin's Fossil" Oobi "Ooma Dreams / Pretend Circus!"
Dora the Explorer "Lost and Found" Play With Me Sesame
I wonder when Noggin dropped 123 Sesame Street.