The Nostalgia Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Sometimes whenever I watch the Thomas episodes from the "Troublesome Engines" story arc (Tenders and Turntables, Trouble in the Shed and Percy Runs Away and the not-so-great season 4 adaption of Henry and the Elephant), it reminds me of when I'd bring my old ERTL Gordon, James and Henry toys wherever I went. They were my favorite trio.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I was ready to make a post about how Kings of Leon's "Use Somebody" takes me back to being a senior in HS in '11/'12, but was bamboozled to discover the song was released in '08 and peaked at #4 in '09; I could've sworn I hadn't heard the song until at least 2011, which was being played the **** out of by that point.

Anyway, it's not that great of a song; it has the millennial whoop, but at least has the power to take me back to a place in time I have all but forgot about, which is commendable.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
You wanna know what my favorite nostalgic kid's cartoon is...…
That little blue octopus right there has gotten me through some tough times in life. I don't care how many people make fun of me for this, but I'm gonna say it, right here and right now:This is my go to show whenever I'm depressed. You know why? It has beautiful background music, cute little characters, simple yet enjoyable plots, and an all around good feel to it. Heck, even the characters' VOICES sound very calming and soothing to me during rough times.

I always cite Oswald as an example of how media affects people's emotions. When I'm stressed out and need something to get my mind off of whatever crap is going on, that cartoon is just what the doctor ordered.

Despite being made for little kids, I have no problems admitting that I enjoy Oswald. You know why? If anyone doesn't find that adorable octopus and his literal pet wiener dog to be cute and charming then I'm sorry but they have no heart whatsoever.

I'm not sure who created the show, but I thank them greatly for the work they did. It may have lasted only one season, but the impact Oswald made on me will not soon be forgotten.

Being someone who is easily affected by emotional pop culture, the calming nature of the series really does sooth the soul.

This video right here describes my relationship with emotional shows, movies, books, songs, etc. perfectly lol

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
You wanna know what my favorite nostalgic kid's cartoon is...…
That little blue octopus right there has gotten me through some tough times in life. I don't care how many people make fun of me for this, but I'm gonna say it, right here and right now:This is my go to show whenever I'm depressed. You know why? It has beautiful background music, cute little characters, simple yet enjoyable plots, and an all around good feel to it. Heck, even the characters' VOICES sound very calming and soothing to me during rough times.

I always cite Oswald as an example of how media affects people's emotions. When I'm stressed out and need something to get my mind off of whatever crap is going on, that cartoon is just what the doctor ordered.

Despite being made for little kids, I have no problems admitting that I enjoy Oswald. You know why? If anyone doesn't find that adorable octopus and his literal pet wiener dog to be cute and charming then I'm sorry but they have no heart whatsoever.

I'm not sure who created the show, but I thank them greatly for the work they did. It may have lasted only one season, but the impact Oswald made on me will not soon be forgotten.

Being someone who is easily affected by emotional pop culture, the calming nature of the series really does sooth the soul.

This video right here describes my relationship with emotional shows, movies, books, songs, etc. perfectly lol
I really enjoyed the show when growing up.