The Nostalgia Thread

mariolover

Reaction score
In a nostalgic mood and decided to pull up this classic VHS opening! I still remember almost all of the adverts and logos from when I was a kid! I’m doing this to distract myself from all the mess going on in the world and in my head right now (All credit to Jordan Rios).

I still wonder why they didn’t put a “Coming Soon To A Theater Near You” tag before the TATMR trailer. That is a mystery question we will probably never know this side of Earth,

Along with why later printings of Elmopalooza! Have the 1996 Sesame Street Magazine promo and Magazine promo instead of the original opening, the 1998 tapes of The Best of Kermit On Sesame Street, Elmo Saves Christmas, and Elmo Says Boo! (All released on Sep. 1, 1998) Lack the stay tuned bumper,

and Families, Mail And Bathtime and Food, Water, and Exercise also lack it.

Why did earlier TCFHE VHS releases put the warning at the end instead of the beginning? People are less likely to see it and therefore less likely to follow the warning.

And finally, the very last Sesame Street VHS releases from Sony Wonder lack the website bumper.

I can already tell I will probably be grilling the man upstairs 😂😂😂

Last edited:

mariolover

Reaction score
Still got mine to this day.
Me too! I actually don’t have any of the other ones at my hometown house! We are old school! We also still have the N64, the old Wii, and we used to have an NES but it broke.

For the newest systems, all I have is a Switch, but my brother has an XBOX one.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I feel that, modern gaming doesn’t have that great feeling of accomplishment like older ones do.

These days, wanna unlock something? Gotta pay for it!

mariolover

Reaction score
Another classic! Appropriate for this time of year (Yes, I know I hated Barney in the past, but I had much greater insecurities back then and I was trying to be something I wasn’t and without realizing it,

I suppressed that I still have a little bit of a soft spot for him.)

Last edited:

mariolover

Reaction score
I believe I saw this episode on either Sprout or Noggin when I was little!
And then of course, there's also this! Although I seem to remember the Season 30 Toodle-oo (with the funding tag) being played after instead of the 1992 funding. I probably saw either 3816 or 3797 on Sprout.

mariolover

Reaction score
I still have my folder of rare Sesame Street episodes all the way from the 70s-early 2000s stored on my computer and on a portable hard drive in case my computer crashes! I never got rid of them just in case, and I'm glad I made that decision! I might consider privately distributing some of them again if you guys would like me to 😊.

Just shoot me a PM and we can set up a trade. Only looking for episodes that aren't available publicly. If you are one of my IRL friends, that would be great because you can remain anonymous! I understand this site is very popular so the chances of someone I know in real life seeing my posts on here is greater than we think. I've had videos and pictures of my face and I give a lot of clues. But obviously I can't say for sure so I try not to obsess over it.

But here's a strong warning. If I catch any of these go public, I will never send you another episode again. I keep them private for a good reason. And I have a couple of people I refuse to name who I definitely don't trust. And I'm sure you know who you are. So I definitely won't be giving them any episodes.

I still only watch it on occasion, and it will always be that way for the rest of my life, but I'm in a very nostalgic mood tonight.

I am still not publicizing this forum to all my IRL friends, since there is some stuff on here I may or may never be ready to let everyone know, like my semi-active occasional interest in Sesame Street.

A lot of people at my high school know, but I started fresh as you all know, so I have a second chance at a partially private life.

And I am almost certain the people on here come on because they don’t care. So it doesn’t matter. At college, the word about this site wouldn’t spread like it would in high school.

And if you see me around campus or anywhere and you saw me on the forum, please keep it a secret. I would prefer not to know at this time. This is a boundary I am enforcing for all of you. Nobody has confirmed to me that they saw me yet, so that’s good.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I still have my folder of rare Sesame Street episodes all the way from the 70s-early 2000s stored on my computer and on a portable hard drive in case my computer crashes! I never got rid of them just in case, and I'm glad I made that decision! I might consider privately distributing some of them again if you guys would like me to 😊.

Just shoot me a PM and we can set up a trade. Only looking for episodes that aren't available publicly. If you are one of my IRL friends, that would be great because you can remain anonymous! I understand this site is very popular so the chances of someone I know in real life seeing my posts on here is greater than we think. I've had videos and pictures of my face and I give a lot of clues. But obviously I can't say for sure so I try not to obsess over it.

But here's a strong warning. If I catch any of these go public, I will never send you another episode again. I keep them private for a good reason. And I have a couple of people I refuse to name who I definitely don't trust. And I'm sure you know who you are. So I definitely won't be giving them any episodes.

I still only watch it on occasion, and it will always be that way for the rest of my life, but I'm in a very nostalgic mood tonight.

I am still not publicizing this forum to all my IRL friends, since there is some stuff on here I may or may never be ready to let everyone know, like my semi-active occasional interest in Sesame Street.

A lot of people at my high school know, but I started fresh as you all know, so I have a second chance at a partially private life.

And I am almost certain the people on here come on because they don’t care. So it doesn’t matter. At college, the word about this site wouldn’t spread like it would in high school.

And if you see me around campus or anywhere and you saw me on the forum, please keep it a secret. I would prefer not to know at this time. This is a boundary I am enforcing for all of you. Nobody has confirmed to me that they saw me yet, so that’s good.
What episodes do you have?

mariolover

Reaction score
What episodes do you have?

I have some more, but they are downloaded off of YouTube so I will need to ask permission.

For these, any one of you can ask (except for the 2 who shall not be named that I mentioned) and it will work.

Last edited: