The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GHOSTS is the kind of show I feel like really could have worked back in the 60s, when single-camera sitcoms were steeped in far-out fantasy as opposed to being grounded in reality, and in fact, it really makes me wish they could've taken more of that kind of approach with this show like WANDAVISION did (of which a friend of mine worked on as a consultant).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
GHOSTS is the kind of show I feel like really could have worked back in the 60s, when single-camera sitcoms were steeped in far-out fantasy as opposed to being grounded in reality, and in fact, it really makes me wish they could've taken more of that kind of approach with this show like WANDAVISION did (of which a friend of mine worked on as a consultant).
You have a friend that worked on WandaVision! That's so cool! I loved that show, :smile:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yes, he was their "Laugh Track Consultant." He's one of the leading experts on laugh tracks and the art of audience reation in general, not to mention much like myself and my original productions on YouTube, he also has a vast library of Charley Douglass canned laughter from the 50s, 60s, and 70s, so when Marvel found out about him, they brought him on as a consultant to make sure the audience reaction aspect of WANDAVISION sounded authentic to sitcoms on yesteryears. In spite of that though, they didn't actually any of his Charley Douglass laughs, and ended up using a more contemporary-sounding laugh track for the show, but they did using his expertise as a guide.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Me too! He even inspired me to write my own parody songs (which I have yet to release, but I can once I turn 18).

Last edited:

Any Del

Reaction score
Today was the day where I've FINALLY meet one of the very individuals that I've REALLY wanted to meet for the longest time, Kevin Clash! :laugh:

We talked about animation, my original character that I created and plan to pitch into an animated series, Sesame Street and Elmo's World! He was by far one of the coolest, down to earth fellows I've ever chatted with! Just like with my chat I had with Alan a year ago, Kevin wants to see my animated series as well! I feel so honored to be able to meet him and I will definitely sleep well like a baby tonight!

Oh, and he even liked my drawing of Victor with Elmo! :big_grin:

Any Del

Reaction score
Today I met Tara Strong on her 49th birthday and it was a fun experience! Courtesy of Alex!

Plus, she even liked my drawing of Bubbles, Raven and Victor!