The new What Made You Smile Today thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s great news!
Two weeks will go fast. When you get to my age, you’ll blink and two weeks will go by.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My dog Buster has become a house dog now. We just let him roam around the house wherever he wants to go, even if it's on the carpet. The one and only rule is that he's forbidden to go on any of the furniture. This morning, I woke up to him sleeping at the foot of my bed. It was such a pleasant little surprise! :sympathy:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Happy New Year.
Hope things are better for everyone this year, and 2021 is put behind us.

Had a couple over last night to ring in the new year. Had baked ziti and meatballs, shrimp cocktails, and a ton of desserts.
And a champagne toast.
At midnight we saw the countdown from Disney World (in a little over a year, we’re going back for the first time in twenty years).

They showed New Year’s Eve from Times Square, but no more Duck Clark, no Ryan Seacrest, and pretty thin crowds.

The bad news Betty White passed away just a few weeks short of her 100th birthday, but the Golden Girls are eating cheesecake in Heaven.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I saw a cool movie tonight called Love and Monsters on Paramount+. It was a nice way to kick off 2022.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yesterday I went into New York for the first time in five years. A friend of mine had an extra ticket to Hamilton, and asked if I wanted to go.
It was a great show. Before Covid, Hamilton was the hottest show on Broadway,, and tickets were near impossible to get. It’s not a matter of if the show sold out, but how fast.
The only rule was you had to be masked and vaxxed, even outside.
Eric Adams is the new mayor. He’s only been in office a week, but he has his plate full with crime, homelessness, unemployment, and all that fun stuff.
Just as a side note, the play was excellent. Two acts, about three hours long with a ten minute intermission. A coworker of mine played the soundtrack constantly so I was familiar with the songs and plot, but it was still wonderful to see live.

Last week Biden was celebrating January 6 and “praying for the soul of the nation”.
Alexander Hamilton said the same thing at the beginning of Act Two. So now I know where Biden pinched it from.🥶

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought conservatives said HAMILTON was offensive? 🤔

Either way, what made me smile is cherry ice cream is back in stores for a limited time, not (White House) cherry vanilla, just plain cherry ice cream . . . I haven't had any of that stuff in like fifteen years!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well then, maybe your perception needs a little fine tuning.
You don’t have to be a particular class to enjoy a Broadway show. The choreography blew me away, you could hear everyone’s voice clearly, and every seat had a good view of the stage.
And King George, who had three songs, could lead the whole audience to sing along and get a standing ovation. That’s the power of good theatre.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There was one other highlight from yesterday.
There is a local hero on the New York streets called the Naked Cowboy. He has a guitar around his neck, a cowboy hat, and his tighty-whities . He’s been a fixture of Times Square for twenty years or more, been on the news quite a bit. He was out in front of the theater, in 25 degree weather, practically naked and barefoot.

But he did have a mask on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was able to order a number of accessories for my (new) camera, including a remote control, an external (stereo) mic, and an extra telephoto lens. The latter of which I wish I had (in addition to my current camera) when I filmed Steve D'Monster at the foot of a mountain a couple of years ago, because although the mountain is pretty big in person, my camera at the time made it look relatively small on-screen.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I've been watching that new BS sitcom, Ghosts a lot lately. That is by far one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. I love how they combined all these different people from completely different time periods and put them all in the same house together, making it where they can't leave even if they wanted to.

You've got a Viking, a '60s hippie, a boy scout master from the '80s, a soldier who fought in The Revolutionary War, a 1920s jazz singer, and a couple others living under the same roof. Considering how drastically human behavior had changed throughout those many different eras, it's safe to say that the combination of those characters leads to a lot of brilliant, comedic situations. It really is a wonderful example of how to write modern comedy without getting too vulgar, gross, political, or overly reliant on pop culture references.