The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I saw this clip while watching The Muppet Show on Disney+:

You see! That's why I love the Muppets. One moment they are making me laugh with silly jokes and the next I'm practically holding back tears because of beautiful music.

I don't know if I'm the only one with an emotional connection to this song. It doesn't make me sad at all, it just gives me goosebumps whenever I hear it.

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What made me super happy today? It's official now, Beetlejuice 2 coming on September 6, 2024! And it began filming as of yesterday, May 11, 2023!

Apparently the production of Wednesday, the Netflix series helped push this through because Alfred Go and Mike Miller wrote the screenplay... And Jennah Ortega (Wednesday Addams) has been cast as the terciary star of Lydia Deitz's daughter. Also, Monica Bellucci has been cast as BJ's wife, a character that I know of from only one source, the Robot Chicken parody sketch based on the franchise though I didn't have any good enough sight left to know what that depiction of the character looked like.

So yeah, I'm extra happy by this bit of movie news. :fanatic: :batty: :scary:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
A couple months ago, I got a new cat and she's one of the cutest cats I've ever seen. This morning, I woke up to a cat face looking at me in my window. It was adorable!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I came across this clip while watching Family Guy last night.

I had no idea they ever made that reference! I wonder how many people even understood it!?

Between that and a hilarious Deadpool homage, this might be one of my favorite episodes from what I consider to be the "dark age" of the show. I normally prefer seasons 1-7 and the newer ones from season 19 onward.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I went to Comic-Con today and I saw a bunch of Muppet merchandise. It really warmed my heart to see so many fellow Muppet fans in the same room!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday, my family units converged at our local Dave & Buster's restaurant since it's my elder niece's favorite place to go eat and play all the arcade games. We ate well... But what really made me smile was that I got to hold/carry my younger niece as we exited and her smiling back and my second brother snapping a digital pic of it. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Reading muppet maniac's sig line just made me chuckle just now.

Calm down Mr. McDuck. It wasn't a sea monster, it was a prototype killer whale robot submarine.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
While he is mostly just indifferent towards her, my new cat really likes my dog. Earlier today, after I came back from a walk with both of them, she was rubbing up against him and purring. It was so cute!