The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Made it to 300 subscribers on YouTube today. Yeah, I know that means nothing in this day and age, but for me, that's something.

mariolover

Reaction score
My church is planning on reopening soon (we don't have an exact date yet). I am glad because I am tired of watching it online.

Also, as most of you know I was supposed to get baptized in April and that didn't happen, so hopefully they reschedule the baptism soon.

Faylo

Reaction score
What makes me smile is that this forum is still alive after all these years.
I lurk and read, still, but posting not so much. :excited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What makes me smile is that this forum is still alive after all these years.
I lurk and read, still, but posting not so much. :excited:
I lurked for a number of years too. In the beginning, I could tell you about anything from the first ten years of Sesame Street. That was my wheelhouse. Over time, I got more socially involved and took more of a stand on the matters of religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.

A lot of the heavy hitters who started some long running threads have disappeared, but people have come and gone that kept the dynamics going.
One or two trolls, but you’ll have this on any site.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I lurked for a number of years too. In the beginning, I could tell you about anything from the first ten years of Sesame Street. That was my wheelhouse. Over time, I got more socially involved and took more of a stand on the matters of religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.

A lot of the heavy hitters who started some long running threads have disappeared, but people have come and gone that kept the dynamics going.
One or two trolls, but you’ll have this on any site.
It's always nice to see the old members come back to the site.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Our dog Lakota Sioux normally just keeps to herself. She absolutely loves the other dog but hardly hangs around us. Whenever she is scared, she does this thing where she zooms up to me and jumps right in my lap and I would pet her/comfort her.

But today, all of a sudden she did the same exact thing but only this time she wasn't shivering or anything like that. She just simply wanted to spend some time with me. Before I knew it, she was kissing me and gently rubbing her head up against me with her tail wagging a mile a minute. Considering that is so completely out of character for her, I thought at first she may be sick but no, she was just as happy and energetic as always. I was shocked but in the best way possible. I've never seen Lakota do anything like that before. That was the sweetest thing and it really warmed my heart that she chose my lap to sit in. Maybe we have a closer bond than I had originally thought.

mariolover

Reaction score
I learned how to water ski at my cousin's cottage for the first time today! The first 2 times I tried I fell off right away, but I succeeded and went far across the lake on the 3rd try! I am so proud of myself!