The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I check eBay periodically. Because Blue was always harder to find, they usually run for pretty hefty and steep amounts, like $50 or more . . . which, yeah, I can understand that being older, rare collectibles, people who are selling want to make a nice profit. This one, however, was in very lightly used condition (so it wasn't mint or anything), and far more reasonably priced in the $20 range, which is about as high as I was willing to pay.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I check eBay periodically. Because Blue was always harder to find, they usually run for pretty hefty and steep amounts, like $50 or more . . . which, yeah, I can understand that being older, rare collectibles, people who are selling want to make a nice profit. This one, however, was in very lightly used condition (so it wasn't mint or anything), and far more reasonably priced in the $20 range, which is about as high as I was willing to pay.
Understandable, I cannot bring myself to over 20 bucks for a toy. It’s crazy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said, it was about as high as I was willing to go, considering that yes, Blue was harder to find than the others, so I understand it's a little rarer . . . I never really expected to find it for any cheaper than that, honestly . . . and if they are, it's usually because they're in really poor condition (dirty, torn, frayed, missing the little saddle/shell on the back, etc.)

Similarly, this is why I still don't have those Tyco figures of Herry or Rosita for my SS scale model, because likewise, since they're so rare and hard to find, anytime they do pop up on eBay, it's usually for nearly $50 or more - yeah, not paying that for a little three-inch PVC figurine, regardless of how rare or collectible it is.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Understandable, I cannot bring myself to over 20 bucks for a toy. It’s crazy.
omg lol. People spend like $500 on statues. I don't spend a lot on toys, but I could go over 20 on a single item if it really appealed to me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m going to my kidney doctor tomorrow for a few tests. There’s a slight chance. Very slight chance. He might take me off dialysis altogether. 18 months ago that would have been inconceivable. But with God all things are possible.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Who says you can’t teach an old fart new tricks?
Today I downloaded DoorDash, so we have access to a bunch of fast food joints that deliver. Fast!
@Katzi428, you’ll appreciate the fact we ordered from Friendly’s.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Who says you can’t teach an old fart new tricks?
Today I downloaded DoorDash, so we have access to a bunch of fast food joints that deliver. Fast!
@Katzi428, you’ll appreciate the fact we ordered from Friendly’s.
Friendly's huh? Oooohhhh good for you!!! What'd you order? (so I can get jealous? )