The new What Made You Smile Today thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I tried to water ski, but it’s hard to find a sloping Lake.🤪

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Beautiful day for Father’s Day. Had our first church service since Covid began, and a bunch of new people showed up. We were outside, everybody had masks and were spaced far enough apart. Sang and played my heart out praising Him. God is good.

AND happy first day of summer. It’s only 2:30 in the afternoon but someone is grilling steak.

cjd874

Reaction score
Watching my Muppet Show Season 2 DVDs! Tonight I'm watching the episodes with Elton John, Lou Rawls, Julie Andrews, and Peter Sellers...four of the best episodes in my opinion.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Watching my Muppet Show Season 2 DVDs! Tonight I'm watching the episodes with Elton John, Lou Rawls, Julie Andrews, and Peter Sellers...four of the best episodes in my opinion.
I was nine when the Elton John episode aired. That was a big fat hairy deal to get a name THAT BIG. I’ll always have a soft spot for “Goodbye Yelliw Brick Road”.

cjd874

Reaction score
I was nine when the Elton John episode aired. That was a big fat hairy deal to get a name THAT BIG. I’ll always have a soft spot for “Goodbye Yelliw Brick Road”.
And then the guests just kept coming! Julie Andrews, Bob Hope, John Cleese, and Peter Sellers ALL came in after Sir Elton...and that was just season 2! "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" is a masterpiece, and the Muppet performers and house band really did a fine arrangement of it. No gags, no jokes, no explosions...just beautiful music.

Did you watch the Muppet Show when it aired on TV? As we know, you grew up watching Sesame Street in the 1970s...so it probably was not hard to transition to TMS later on.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
And then the guests just kept coming! Julie Andrews, Bob Hope, John Cleese, and Peter Sellers ALL came in after Sir Elton...and that was just season 2! "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" is a masterpiece, and the Muppet performers and house band really did a fine arrangement of it. No gags, no jokes, no explosions...just beautiful music.

Did you watch the Muppet Show when it aired on TV? As we know, you grew up watching Sesame Street in the 1970s...so it probably was not hard to transition to TMS later on.
Yes. 1976 I was in third grade. I was familiar with Kermit from Sesame Street. But Piggy, Fozzie, and the rest were all new.
It’s amazing to think, in the beginning, Jim practically had to beg people to guest on the show. After a while, being a guest was the highest honor.

Yes, I was a devout watcher. Every Monday, 7:30, on CBS.
The biggest standouts to me were Rita Moreno, Florence Henderson, and the Mummenschanz.

cjd874

Reaction score
Rita Moreno's episode is EPIC! Her performance of "Fever" is worth the price of admission alone...although the Newsman, Swedish Chef, and Marvin Suggs had memorable segments from this episode too. From season 1, I also liked the episodes starring Florence Henderson, Paul Williams, Harvey Korman, Peter Ustinov, Vincent Price, Candice Bergen, Avery Schreiber, Twiggy, and Ethel Merman.

I began watching the Muppet Show when I was five or six because of a VHS called "More Muppets Please!" It was a compilation of classic backstage plots and sketches including Pigs in Space: Electric Toaster, Muppets Labs: Teleporter, Fozzie and Chucky, In the Navy, and more. Then when the DVDs came out my parents gave them to me as birthday or Christmas gifts. Boy, was I a happy camper for the next few years!