The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This hilarious obscure song by Montgomery Gentry.
WARNING! One use of profanity, lots of crude humor, and a dozen references to boobies

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Rewatching this hilarious clip from Cartoon Network's MAD:
I haven't seen this episode in years. MAD is my only childhood show that also ruined my childhood. From Thomas the tank engine getting hijacked to Alvin seeing Simon and Theodore in a snake's belly;they ruined my childhood in more ways than anyone possibly could in 15 minutes. I mean that as a compliment;childhood ruining humor is hilarious if it's done creatively (I enjoy how MAD does that kind of stuff without any swearing or foul talk whatsoever;it makes it more creative in my opinion).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Got to enjoy the best hot dogs in the world.

There's this little hole in the wall called Rutt's Hut. The place has been around for 90 years. The building itself is this run-down joint that should've been condemned long ago, except for the fact they make the best hot dogs.

Deep-fried hot dogs. Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen, but any time day or night they have a line out the door, this place has been on various Travel Channel and Food Network shows, and I even got a t-shirt of this crappy little brick building with the red neon sign on the roof.

The thing that really makes these dogs fantastic is the relish. I'm not a big relish guy, but they're perfect for these dogs (I also put on chili and/or mustard. I still think ketchup on a hot dog is a sin, but that's me).

It's been a treat to go to Rutt's Hut for as long as I can remember (even my grandparents used to hang out there). Hope they have another happy 90 years.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Got to enjoy the best hot dogs in the world.

There's this little hole in the wall called Rutt's Hut. The place has been around for 90 years. The building itself is this run-down joint that should've been condemned long ago, except for the fact they make the best hot dogs.

Deep-fried hot dogs. Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen, but any time day or night they have a line out the door, this place has been on various Travel Channel and Food Network shows, and I even got a t-shirt of this crappy little brick building with the red neon sign on the roof.

The thing that really makes these dogs fantastic is the relish. I'm not a big relish guy, but they're perfect for these dogs (I also put on chili and/or mustard. I still think ketchup on a hot dog is a sin, but that's me).

It's been a treat to go to Rutt's Hut for as long as I can remember (even my grandparents used to hang out there). Hope they have another happy 90 years.
You're making me hungry.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I saw this on The Simpsons a few nights ago. This is SO funny! I'm a fan of the Dixie Chicks and even I think this is hilarious:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I saw three interesting shapes in the clouds today. A kitten with a tiny tail, a Hershey's Kiss, and the Great Gonzo.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Beatle freak that I am, I love Sirius's new Beatle channel.
In other Beatle news, it was 50 years ago today their Sgt. (Floyd?) Pepper album was released, which is still regarded as one of the most important albums ever.

The release of this album was a worldwide event. The Beatles were already huge at that point. But their last album was "Revolver", released almost a year before. Sixties groups did not wait a whole year between albums. Rumors were the Beatles broke up.

After a number of close calls, the Beatles quit touring. Sixties groups do not do that. They must be breaking up.

The Beatles spent five months working on this album. Sixties groups were expected to crank out an album in a day or so, usually for about a thousand dollars. The Beatles spent about $100,000, plus another $25,000 just on the front cover. Groups didn't do that.

In one fell swoop, the Beatles rewrote the rules.

To give you an idea how big the release of this album was, imagine Jim Henson, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Juhl coming back to this earthly plane to make one more Muppet movie. That's how big a deal it would be.

Some of the songs on the album were not that good, but a few "With a Little Help From My Friends", "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (LSD, get it?)" "Fixing A Hole", and the closing track "A Day in the Life" are masterpieces.

If you never heard this album, you're missing out. It's only about 40 minutes, but if you're not a big Beatle fan, you're bound to find at least one song that will make you smile.

"We're Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, we hope you will enjoy the show".
Chances are good you will. 8)