The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Every once in a while, Facebook will recommend Sesame/Muppet/Henson people as friend suggestions, and sometimes when I send friend requests, they will be accepted. Most recently, this has included Kirk Thatcher and Bill Barretta. Alan Muraoka was among them as well, though he contacted me privately, politely asking I just follow his professional page instead.

mariolover

Reaction score
I don't friend anyone I don't know personally on Facebook. That's just how I prefer to do things.

My mom will friend people she doesn't know sometimes if they have mutual friends, but otherwise she doesn't.

cjd874

Reaction score
Here's what has made me smile this past week...joining the GroundUp Music Virtual Classes, led by members of the immensely talented band Snarky Puppy! Last Thursday I got to video chat with their percussionist Keita Ogawa, and got some questions answered by Michael League (bandleader/bassist) and Jason Thomas (drummer) in their respective classes on Friday and Monday.
Yesterday's class with Mark Lettieri (guitarist) was great, but the sidebar chat was even better! We commented on Mark's infectiously funky playing, poked fun at the "Bobs" in the band, and rallied for one chat user who was having technical difficulties with his video and audio, and couldn't hear the answer to his question. (#justiceforcarlos) It was barely controlled chaos.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Just thinking, over time, how many movies I saw in the theatres that became the highest grossing movie of all time. Some held that record briefly, but here’s my list of blockbusters:

Star Wars 1977
E.T. 1982
Jurassic Park 1994
Titanic 1997

Honorable Mention to An American Tail 1986, which was the highest grossing animated movie until The Lion King.

And just to show my age, back then to seeStar Wars, you could get your ticket, bucket of popcorn, large soda, and Milk Duds for less than five bucks.
Now the Milk Duds cost that much.

And that butter they pout on the popcorn? Real butter would be too expensive. It’s coconut oil.

Any Del

Reaction score
I had an amazing dream last night! It was me Boruto, Sarada, Mitsuki, @LittleJerry92 and few others where down at a friend's house who had an indoor amusement park and arcade inside his apartment. Plus we were all stoned! Best dream ever! 😌

Last edited: