The new What Made You Smile Today thread

cjd874

Reaction score
Did a video chat with a girl I haven't seen in eight (!!!) years. She and I played together in high school jazz ensemble (she was on bass, and I was the drummer). Amazingly, it was like we never stopped hanging out! We talked about music (we share similar taste in '70s funk), her current printmaking job, my band teaching position, our quarantine plans, and our hopes for the future. We'll set up another time to chat soon. Could this be destiny????

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
In spite of the virus, in spite of our church being closed, we still had service. Our pastor was able to stream from his home. It’s not the same as being there, but under the circumstances it’s the next best thing.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
^ omg, you must be the only regular to have more likes than messages... that's quite the achievement.

cjd874

Reaction score
To refer back to my video chat post with my lady friend, I think we've got some good chemistry. She said she's part Mexican, but she loves Chinese food. I said, "Extra points for you in my book" since I'm Asian...that made her laugh. Then I mentioned that I love Hispanic food and culture too. It was nice to shoot the breeze and share some good stories and laughs during this difficult time.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
To refer back to my video chat post with my lady friend, I think we've got some good chemistry. She said she's part Mexican, but she loves Chinese food. I said, "Extra points for you in my book" since I'm Asian...that made her laugh. Then I mentioned that I love Hispanic food and culture too. It was nice to shoot the breeze and share some good stories and laughs during this difficult time.
When I grow up I wanna be just like you. 😋