The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
John R. Dilworth refered to me as a "colleage" for following the production process of his new animated short, and offering comments and input on it; matter of fact, anybody who's been doing this he says are his colleagues, so this is really cool how he's really involving us fans in the process.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I have a friend who went out to Michigan and brought back a case of Vernor's ginger ale.This stuff is like champagne, it's fantastic.
They sell it in the Midwest, and down South, but not in the Northeast.
It's nice you can still find local stuff around the country you can't find back home.
The soft drink industry might be dominated by Coke and Pepsi, but there's still room for little guys like Vernor's.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
John R. Dilworth refered to me as a "colleage" for following the production process of his new animated short, and offering comments and input on it; matter of fact, anybody who's been doing this he says are his colleagues, so this is really cool how he's really involving us fans in the process.
Niice!!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a blast at Comic Con and meet these wonderful people! 😊 Some of them gave me tips on my career and I for one thank them for their advice!

It's great for pros to give young people tips and encouragement, so someday you can make your mark like they did.

Some musicians I found, over the years, aren't quite as supportive. They see some young up and coming band and feel threatened, like they're not happening anymore. Very insecure.
I've been fortunate enough to have met a number of my idols over time and swap stories, but one or two turned out to be complete a$$holes.
Fortunately they were few and far between.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
After ten years I finally saw Fantastic Mr. Fox. Very happy how the movie remained true to the book.
When I was young, Ronald Dahl was my favorite author. You might have read or seen his other classics:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
James and the Giant Peach
But as good as the movies are (and they certainly are), the books are even better.

The only two that haven't been turned into movies yet are Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator and The Magic Finger.

Charlie would be a great sequel to the 2005 Johnny Depp film. Finger, I'm not so sure, since the book is pretty short and it might be hard to pad out to ninety minutes.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
For the first time in years, I had a Yoo-hoo
I don't know if they have it anywhere else in the country, but Yoo-hoo is a chocolate shake in a can. Or bottle. Now they come in tiny little juice boxes.
Made in Carlstadt, Noo Joisey. Yogi Berra used to be the spokesperson.
Used to be a fixture at Yankee games. Get a hot dog and a Yoo-hoo.Little slice of Jersey life.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t even remember the last time I had one.

to be honest, I was never a big fan of them. I remember having a pretty gross aftertaste drinking them. 😕