The new What Made You Smile Today thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, what? How can Spider-Man be "leaving" the MCU? The point was to bring him in to justify Disney's acquisition of the franchise so all of Marvel's properties could be back under one umbrella. *SMH. :confused:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Had the world's best ribs. Found this little joint called Big Ed's Barbecue. It's an hour's drive from my house, but worth the drive.
They had all-you-can-eat ribs for $20. I managed to put away two full racks.
Their bbq ribs were great, but their honey glaze was unbelievable.
The best ribs I had before this was Jack's Barbecue in Nashville, but to find a rib joint just as good up here is fantastic. Cole slaw, beans, and corn on the cob, I was stuffed like a tick, but rolled out of there happy.

cjd874

Reaction score
Barbecue fan here! (BBQ? Bar-be-que? Just HOW is it spelled?) What style was the food? There's different styles of BBQ that pertain to a certain region (e.g. Texas style, Memphis style, St. Louis style). Just curious as to what style of BBQ is served at Big Ed's.
My favorites are ribs and pulled pork sandwiches. :hungry: :insatiable: Give me either one of those, with a side of cole slaw, mac & cheese, and... (SPLATT)
Oh sorry, I just drooled all over my computer. :oops:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Apparently Apu isn't getting kicked off of The Simpsons and what I heard was just a rumor. Well, that's good to know as he was one of my favorite characters on The Simpsons aside from the main family members.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, why does this sound so familiar? Oh yeah, when FAMILY GUY killed off Brian, except they didn't.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Er, what? How can Spider-Man be "leaving" the MCU? The point was to bring him in to justify Disney's acquisition of the franchise so all of Marvel's properties could be back under one umbrella. *SMH. :confused:
I havent looked too much into it, but Sony actually owns spider man and was never owned by disney. Disney just had the rights to use spider man in their movies. But something happened and that deal fell through, and disney lost the rights.