The new What Made You Smile Today thread

cjd874

Reaction score
Today as the students at my school were dismissed, I sat outside my classroom, found this song on my iPad, and played along with it on an alto saxophone. One kid (4th or 5th grade) came up to me and said, "Isn't that 'Who Can It Be Now?'" I gave him a big high-five and said he has great taste in music. :big_grin: Then the art teacher walked by and said, "You should do this EVERY day!" :laugh:

Next week I think I'll play "Careless Whisper." LOL!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Today as the students at my school were dismissed, I sat outside my classroom, found this song on my iPad, and played along with it on an alto saxophone. One kid (4th or 5th grade) came up to me and said, "Isn't that 'Who Can It Be Now?'" I gave him a big high-five and said he has great taste in music. :big_grin: Then the art teacher walked by and said, "You should do this EVERY day!" :laugh:

Next week I think I'll play "Careless Whisper." LOL!
I remember when this song was brand new. Men At Work were Australia's Next Big Thing. Their next album, Cargo, was even better.

Any Del

Reaction score
I remember drinking Yoo-hoo often when I was younger. Loved those drinks! 😍

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, no carbonation. But it does create a lot of bubbles when you shake it up.
Shake for a good minute creates this light, frothy chocolate foam.
That's why I wondered if the rest of the country has Yoo-hoo or is it a regional thing.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Carbonated chocolate milk? Um . . . eww?
Actually, there is a New York specialty called the egg cream. At least two episodes of Sesame Street have been devoted to this subject: once in 1979 when James Earl Jones comes to visit (flush with success from the first Star Wars movie) and in 1983 when David tries to recreate Mr. Hooper's elusive recipe.
Actually it's quite simple.
You put about a half inch of chocolate syrup in the bottom of a glass. Add just a splash of milk. Then pour in seltzer, stirring at the same time.
The egg cream doesn't have eggs or cream, but has been a New York staple since the Jews came over in the 1880s.
I know carbonation doesn't agree with you, but Yoo-hop is the next best thing.