The new What Made You Smile Today thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up Sarge. For a moment there I was about to use Adventure Kermit Senior's famous quote, "That doeshn't make shenshe."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Barbecue fan here! (BBQ? Bar-be-que? Just HOW is it spelled?) What style was the food? There's different styles of BBQ that pertain to a certain region (e.g. Texas style, Memphis style, St. Louis style). Just curious as to what style of BBQ is served at Big Ed's.
My favorites are ribs and pulled pork sandwiches. :hungry: :insatiable: Give me either one of those, with a side of cole slaw, mac & cheese, and... (SPLATT)
Oh sorry, I just drooled all over my computer. :oops:
Big Ed's offers St. Louis BBQ, with the ribs getting a dry rub before the hit the grill. They also offer a Cajun rub that has quite a kick to it. And of course, you can't have ribs without cole slaw.
Besides the ribs, they also make a fantastic brisket. The chicken is good too, but people come for the ribs.
The secret to good barbecue is low and slow. Cooking the meat for ten hours at 200 degrees so it's nice and tender. Then five minutes on a hot grill, sauce, and you're good to go.

cjd874

Reaction score
Big Ed's offers St. Louis BBQ, with the ribs getting a dry rub before the hit the grill. They also offer a Cajun rub that has quite a kick to it. And of course, you can't have ribs without cole slaw.
Besides the ribs, they also make a fantastic brisket. The chicken is good too, but people come for the ribs.
The secret to good barbecue is low and slow. Cooking the meat for ten hours at 200 degrees so it's nice and tender. Then five minutes on a hot grill, sauce, and you're good to go.
Holy........................if only you could see the pictures in my mind after your description.
Remember the skit where Cookie Monster imagines a cookie and then eats it? I might just do that right now...but for a whole rack of ribs.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Holy........................if only you could see the pictures in my mind after your description.
Remember the skit where Cookie Monster imagines a cookie and then eats it? I might just do that right now...but for a whole rack of ribs.
Imaginary ribs can taste good too. 8)

AzureMischief

Reaction score
1) Zeli's first actor (Stanislav) just promised me to look for some Ulitsa Sezam production/behind-the-scenes photos once he's back in Moscow.
2) Been re-reading Two-Headed Monster's wiki article, had been pleasantly surprised that there's a thing fitting my fanon about him to a T ^_^
(Him not only being able to speak normal language, but being a baker (or chef) by trade. I honest to god had no idea his two very first names were after a food service company! :excited: Not sure if I'll use these very names in fanfics, though - maybe will come up with something else, plus the 'name fusion' for both heads.)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
1) Zeli's first actor (Stanislav) just promised me to look for some Ulitsa Sezam production/behind-the-scenes photos once he's back in Moscow.
2) Been re-reading Two-Headed Monster's wiki article, had been pleasantly surprised that there's a thing fitting my fanon about him to a T ^_^
(Him not only being able to speak normal language, but being a baker (or chef) by trade. I honest to god had no idea his two very first names were after a food service company! :excited: Not sure if I'll use these very names in fanfics, though - maybe will come up with something else, plus the 'name fusion' for both heads.)
I hope you'll be able to share some of them.