The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Just knowing that we’re officially less than a week away from the most babyish TV show I’ve seen in a while premiering…

As if it couldn’t get any worse, a certain bald-headed brat is returning to American television on that fateful day as well…

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
About a month ago, I bought an external plug 'n' play DVD device for my laptop thinking I'd be able to watch discs from my library and maybe buy a few new additions.

Yeah, no. Turns out the thing didn't work with my laptop for some unknown reason. So that's about $25-$26 down the drain... And almost the same price for another one that'll hopefully work when it gets here at my home. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Turns out my cellphone provider actually financed and funded OAN.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So . . . I think my dad may die soon.

He's been in and out of both hospitals and nursing homes since the latter half of the summer due to his breathing problems worsening, and it seems like throughout this whole time, his condition has only fluxuated: he'll get better for a little while, but then he'll take a turn for the worse, then he'll improve a little again, then he'll take another turn for the worse. For the past three years, he's basically battled COPD, emphesyma, and a brief bout of cancer as well, I don't know if it all has finally just caught up with him or what (part of it seems to be he just didn't seem to have a desire to basically rebuild himself and his strength at the same time).

As of today, my mom visited him in his new hospital room, and it turns out his caretaking staff wants to start putting him on morphine, which . . . I know is basically one of the next steps in basically helping somebody in that condition ease into a more peaceful, eventually death.

I really don't know what to think right now. Honestly, growing up with my parents has very much been like growing up with the Costanzas or the Barones, a lot of sitcom-esque bickering and spats, sometimes it's been too much for me to bear, and theirs has only continued into my adulthood as well. Still, he's my dad, and I love him in spite of the fact that's never exactly been an upstanding kind of guy.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sounds a lot like my dad.
In spite of his shortcomings, he’s still your dad, and I know it’s painful to watch him suffer.
I take he was a smoker, right? COPD, emphysema, etc
My dad was no prize either, drinking and smoking until it caught up with him.

There’s still a chance through some miracle he may pull through. But if he gets put on a ventilator, that’s usually it.

It was a mixed blessing for me, my dad went in the hospital and was gone in 2 1/2 weeks. He didn’t have to suffer long.

But I do know the sense of loss you may feel (I still hope I’m wrong). Now you need to be strong for your mom. We can offer your dad up in our prayer group tomorrow.

Ut might not seem like any consolation, but you’re not alone.