The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As far as your cat goes, hyperthyroidism isn’t theme of the world. With medication he can still live a long life.
It does amaze me how animals can develop human diseases, like cancer or diabetes.
I’ve had my share of cats I had to say goodbye to. But if they make it to 15, they had a good life. Anything after that is a bonus.

I know it’s hard to deal with, but I know we only have pets for a short time. They won’t live as long as us, and it breaks my heart when they have to be put down. But it’s better than watching them suffer.
The only things that will live close to a hundred years are parrots and turtles.

As far as shock collars go, I agree, there are other ways to train a dog without using these. Scent collars seem to do a better job. Unfortunately these things are not regulated, so the owners probably won’t face any consequences. Is that right or fair? No, but there doesn’t look like there’s any recourse.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Purchased a Naruto part 1 triple movie feature blu-ray at Best Buy to make the best of the situation, plus the cover caught my attention…. Just to find out how cut back the bonus features were (should have guessed. :rolleyes:)

Either way though, should have guessed. Speaking of which, since the libraries opened up again, I only have 8 more volumes left to read. 😮

D'Snowth

Reaction score

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Today, I found out one of my favorite daycare dogs, maybe my absolute favorite, died. The last time I saw him was a couple weeks ago for a blood test. He developed pancreatitis on top of a possible liver condition and I guess he wasn’t strong enough to beat it. I will really miss him. He was my little buddy eager to give me kisses every chance he got. RIP Cooper.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I just found out my local Disney Store (Polaris Fashion Place) will close on the 18th, if it hasn’t already.

This really hits hard for me. I remember getting Muppet Plushes and Tsum Tsums there. I doubt I’ll ever have a reason to visit Polaris Fashion Place again after this (EDIT: That may be an exaggeration).

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Mine closed down by 2016, it was definitely a hard one. I have so many memories buying movies and plushies there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Mine's been gone even longer than that. I don't even remember when, exactly, it closed, but I know it had to have been before 2012, because by that time was when there was a D&D-esque kind of store full of nerd memorabilia and such, which is where I got my 6-foot Sesame Street lamppost.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m surprised there are still any Disney stores still open. Way back in 1994 I applied for a job there, but I wasn’t clean cut enough for them.

They used to have a three story store on 5th Avenue. It was a huge tourist attraction. People would come in to look, but not necessarily to buy. In Manhattan, that spot is prime real estate, so I can only imagine how much the rent was.

The Disney store used to have great merchandise. Then it started shifting when it was taken over by The Children’s Place. The focus became more about girls clothes, princess stuff, etc, and stuff with Mickey or Donald began to dry up.
It is nice you could drop a bundle of money, get your little girl dolled up as a princess, but not so much for boys, or the parents.

Any Del

Reaction score
The only Disney store that's still open is the one on 42nd st Times Square. Biggest tourist attraction store ever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing that certainly did not last long in my town was the mall on the west side of town actually had a Warner Bros. Store, it was so cool, especially in the center of the store there was an area where it was like you could step into Marvin the Martian's space ship, and they'd always have TVs in there playing space-themed Looney Tunes, plus all kinds of other memorabilia.

Now, supposedly, the Warner Bros. Store was just about the only place where you could actually buy rare Cartoon Network merchandise (usually the kind of stuff you could only order online through CN's website and such), but not once whenever I've been in there (even in the late 90s) did I ever see any CN items.