The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Any Del

Reaction score
I'm going to scream "Curse you Mattel! CURSE YOOUUUUUUU!!!!" in the same fashion that Zero from GTA San Andreas in the mission "Air Raid" when you fail to protect the transmitters from Berkeley's RC Barons.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The Electric Company was good in its time. Teaching kids to read is always a noble goal.
The cast had talent to burn. Bill Cosby, Morgan Freeman, Rita Moreno, and a pre- Flashdance Irene Cara. None of the others, although less famous, were slouches.
There was quite a shift in visuals from the show’s beginning to its end. Season One was psychedelic with a vengeance. It was cool, but not always the smoothest ride.
By its last season, EC had quite a bit of clout. They had a Grammy winning album, and it’s own magazine (just like Sesame). But Sesame also had merchandising ties with books, records, and toys, which helped cover costs.
EC didn’t have that. So when PBS had to cancel one of the shows, EC got the chop.

But for its time, it worked.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I have to thank YouTube for introducing me to the electric company. One of my favorite cartoons is the Yellow Submarine-looking guy who keeps asking for Sweet rolls, frustrating the waitress.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My generation that grew up with the 70s version were devout followers. In 1999, when a special ran (also to introduce Noggin and the Sesame Unpaved episodes) I was all in. Noggin fizzled out after a while, but people my age were stoked all this good old stuff was out there. Maybe in twenty or thirty years some of you will feel the same thing.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As a kid I wish I had the opportunity to check out Unpaved on Noggin….. though I think some skits probably would have easily disturbed me. 😆

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Back in the early days of Sesame, there was a ton of stuff that gave me nightmares. Some haunted me for years.
The top 3 nightmare-fueled moments:
Carmen the singing orange
V cartoon- Venus, Volcano, Vampire, etc.
Nobody counting to 10.

In spite of this, I still watched every day.

Any Del

Reaction score
Carmen the singing orange scared me as a kid but as I older I started appreciating it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had to look it up, because I thought you guys were actually talking about Cecil.