The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
So I finally watched the Elon Musk episode of SNL earlier today and I've been very depressed ever since. I know what you're probably thinking,

"How can a sketch comedy show make you so sad?"

Well, it wasn't about the show itself as much as it was a VERY dark thought that popped into my head while I was watching it. The opening sketch was Mother's Day themed and revolved around the main cast members finally getting to see their moms again after COVID quarantine. Sounds pretty innocent, right? For the most part it was but then I thought of something.

What if one of the cast members lost their mother(s) to COVID? Would they just sit there depressed while the other SNL alumni are joyfully reunited with their mothers for the first time in forever? That would be an absolutely devastating thing to go through. I mean, put yourself in that situation. All your friends are having a good time while you're sitting there with a harsh reminder of the fact that you'll never see your mom again. I couldn't even begin to imagine the emotional pain that would cause!

I absolutely loved the sketch itself but once that thought hit me, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Welp, twice I managed to wake up at 6 am no thanks to the sun already rising at 5. 👍🏻

The absolute one thing I hate about the time period between May and (I think?) August - the sun coming up waaaaayyyyyy too early.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I have blinds, but they can only do so much.

If my thin-wall apartment doesn't get on my *** with me having dark shades then I might as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean I'm with you, I don't like how the sun rises so early (and sets so late) this time of year, and black-out curtains certainly help to a much better degree than just blinds.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I don’t mind the cool evening sky at 7/8 during the first two months of the summer, but I cannot stand the early sunrise at 5 AM.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
After June 21 it will start getting shorter.
In the meantime you can put up any shades or curtains you want, just as long as any holes get filled in when you move out.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
After June 21 it will start getting shorter.
In the meantime you can put up any shades or curtains you want, just as long as any holes get filled in when you move out.
Oh trust me, with all the stuff I’ve hung up in my room, I’ll have A LOT of holes to fill! 😆