The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
You grew up in a simpler time. Wish it were that easy to relive childhoods today (or at least that part of it).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, back in the early 80s, before Sega Genesis, PlayStation, and Xbox, there was the Atari 2600.
Two joysticks, two paddles, 4 bit graphics. And you could buy game cartridges at Sears.
The sports games were painfully primitive- Baseball, Football, Bowling, even Atari’s Pac Man was no match to the arcade version.

But there were some good ones- Yar’s Revenge, Pole Position, and a new one for 1982, Donkey Kong, which launched Mario’s empire.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ah yes, I remember having an NES myself. Back in the days when those games were practically rewards if you beat them.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ll tell you something else about video game history. In 1982 (8th grade for me) Atari was king. The only other competition, Mattel had a system called Intellivision. That was it.
But then in 1983, Atari went bankrupt. How could the biggest company the year before go bust?
Anyway, things were quiet for about five years, then in the late 80s came this thing called Nintendo. The graphics were light years ahead of anything Atari had.
But I never jumped back on the video craze. By then I became more interested in electric guitars and bands, and my Atari collected dust. But for one solid year, I spent many nights playing the heck out of that thing. I made sure I got my money’s worth.

One cool thing about the Sears cartridges that were compatible with Atari. There was one very simple game called Breakout. You moved the paddle back and forth to keep a ball in the air to knock out bricks in this wall. You could actually choose the sound effects of the bricks being hit. That was as hi-tech as we got.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I had a rough night last night and had a hard time falling asleep.

It was really restless and I didn’t fall asleep until early this morning.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
With my depression going on and off recently, I decided to visit my old neighborhood and...... yeah. I just now discovered the railroad tracks that lead into my neighborhood are now demolished.

Not only that, but looking at my old house for a bit and seeing two kids run around in it also hit the feels just knowing I don’t live there anymore.

Any Del

Reaction score
The fact that my health is deteriorating from dealing with my narcissistic family. Never knew my uncle but I fully realize why he cut everyone from my family.

Wish the clock would fast forward me into the future where I get my own place.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
With my depression going on and off recently, I decided to visit my old neighborhood and...... yeah. I just now discovered the railroad tracks that lead into my neighborhood are now demolished.

Not only that, but looking at my old house for a bit and seeing two kids run around in it also hit the feels just knowing I don’t live there anymore.
I know the feeling all too well. I don’t feel sad, but it does feel strange some other family is living there now.
At least they fixed it up real nice. New windows, new siding, new trees, I can only imagine what the inside looks like.