The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m quite the opposite with what they have done to my old house. All the bushes that were once out front have been demolished. Such a waste of plants.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Welp. Looks like the dvd portion of my dvd vcr combo is starting to poop up on me. I was having an mst binge marathon yesterday to celebrate Biden coming into office, and I noticed there were sections on each disc where there would be a brief skip and it made me a little concerned. This morning when I was watching an mst episode on one of my dvds, right at the credits the episode randomly paused for a bit and played again. And then the menu started to randomly act up.

I put in another disc and....... it just froze. Completely froze. Right at the very beginning! So at this point I’m just using my vcr until that poops up on me as well.

VCR DVD combos really are not meant to last longer than 10-11 years, are they?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They are made cheaply these days, yeah . . . but, maybe yours just needs a little cleaning, maybe? (Shrug)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The thing is 11 years old. I think it may be coming to the end of the road.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Fair enough. And you could be right, but it still might not hurt to check and see if it could use a cleaning; dust can really build up in those things if you don't stay on top of it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I did open it up and it appears to be clean. No dust anywhere.

If you mean take apart the DVD player then that’s not something I trust myself with.

Any Del

Reaction score
Oof, that sucks. If anything does your computer has a DVD/CD input you could play your DVDs in case your DVD-VCR combo craps for good?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not completely apart, no, just the top to look inside, but that's cool.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oof, that sucks. If anything does your computer has a DVD/CD input you could play your DVDs in case your DVD-VCR combo craps for good?
I do have a portable DVD player to use, but I mean, I prefer watching this stuff on my tv so 🤷🏿‍♂️