The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Clearly this is meant to be a caricature of Jimmy Durante, but then again, Jerry Nelson based Herry off Jimmy, and honestly, I hear a little bit of Jerry.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Bob I could possibly see. I feel Joe’s voice is a bit nasallier than what we hear in this clip.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds that when "ugly" characters are suddenly depicted as being "handsome," their "handsome" selves are actually harder on the eyes than their original "ugly" selves?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am the only one who’s given this short little film a watch?

I know this was included on all 1999 releases of the OG 3 Muppet movies during the opening previews, but I didn’t get a chance to see it as a kid. Wasn’t until 2013 I noticed my brother had a copy of the film on tape, so I decided to give it a watch. Was a little disappointed it was rather short, but still enjoyable none the less. I love Tim Curry’s voice acting as the Beaver in the US dub.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who honestly has never really been a big fan of the pumpkin anything Muppet?

Like, I have to be honest, I never liked the design. The head shape makes it look difficult to move the puppet’s mouth, and I’m just not a fan of the way the puppet looks.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Am I the only one who honestly has never really been a big fan of the pumpkin anything Muppet?

Like, I have to be honest, I never liked the design. The head shape makes it look difficult to move the puppet’s mouth, and I’m just not a fan of the way the puppet looks.
Same, though I think the live hand one do have more expressiveness.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Generally speaking, I find that the lavender AM is really the only one that truly works as an AM, because unlike the others, it wasn't often used for what would eventually become established characters. By that, I mean whenever I see a fat blue AM, I always associate that pattern with Mr. Johnson; whenever I see the golden yellow AM, I always associate that pattern with Guy Smiley; whenever I see the mini pink AMs, I always associate that pattern with Prairie Dawn.

I will say this though, the pumpkin AM looks particularly strange when it's used for female characters, especially little girls.