The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even I remember the year before SHREK came out, we had a party in my 5th grade class one day, and among the music we had playing in the classroom that day, this song was among them, and of course, we all were singing along and jamming to it.

It's like I've said before, as much of a douchebag Steve Harwell is, Smash Mouth really was one of the seminal groups of the late 90s/early 2000s - theirs is definitely among the music that almost immediately comes to mind when you get to thinking about the music of that era

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Little did my child self know the lead singer of Smash Mouth would have a complete meltdown over bread being thrown on stage.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's old enough to remember Smash Mouth's song "All Star" existed before SHREK basically made it its theme song?
Funnily enough I think this is the first song I still have the memory of hearing on the radio... man, I wish I was a pure-bread '90s kid... I really only caught the tail-end of the decade. The other songs I remember is "She's So High", "Mambo No. 5" and later "Pinch Me" by the Barenaked Ladies... the mainstream music was still very good back then imo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Funnily enough I think this is the first song I still have the memory of hearing on the radio... man, I wish I was a pure-bread '90s kid... I really only caught the tail-end of the decade. The other songs I remember is "She's So High", "Mambo No. 5" and later "Pinch Me" by the Barenaked Ladies... the mainstream music was still very good back then imo.
Do what I do: I was born in 1989, the tail-end of the 80s, but 80s culture was still gradually fading away in the early 90s, so I consider myself an 80s kid on a technicality.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
For my generation (and earlier), our toast- throwing ritual was the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Never mind you’re throwing toast at a movie screen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At first, I thought you meant toast as in when you propose a toast with a drink amongst a group of friends . . . not actually throwing pieces of toast at a movie screen.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, people used to go see dressed up as the characters, lots of glam makeup and such. There was a scene about halfway through where the toast starts flying.

Back in the late 70s/early 80s, one of the big things for teens to do was go to the midnight movie. There were a handful of films that got shown on Friday and Saturday nights, and back then, it was only a dollar admission. Your movie choices were

Monty Python and the Hply Grail
The Who- The Kids are Alright
Led Zeppelin -The Song Remains the Same
Carrie - the 1976 version with Sissy Spacek and John Travolta

and ruling the roost was the Rocky Horror Picture show. The most memorable part for me was the “Time Warp”, which Drew Carey danced to years later on his show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's surprised that Impractical Jokers are still a thing? It . . . feels like they're way past their expiration date.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who honestly can’t stand the singer in this song?

I’m pretty sure it’s Jeff Moss in all honesty, but this performance is nails on a chalkboard for me.