The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one in the entire world who has absolutely no idea what in the world any of this Hamilton hype is all about?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The best I can gather, the creators of Hamilton are not woke enough to satisfy the demands and expectations of the far left.
So cancel Hamilton.
There were a number of black actors in the cast, and the left found that objectionable. It wasn’t a minstrel show. It wasn’t Uncle Tom’s Cabin.
There weren’t white people in blackface (or black people in whiteface). You didn’t have Al Jolson singing Mammy.

A few years ago this show was the hottest thing on Broadway. Tickets were impossible to find. Cancel culture stamped it out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Cancel culture? I mean, everybody's all hyped up about it being on Disney+ right now - it's been on both national and local news.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
The best I can gather, the creators of Hamilton are not woke enough to satisfy the demands and expectations of the far left.
So cancel Hamilton.
There were a number of black actors in the cast, and the left found that objectionable. It wasn’t a minstrel show. It wasn’t Uncle Tom’s Cabin.
There weren’t white people in blackface (or black people in whiteface). You didn’t have Al Jolson singing Mammy.

A few years ago this show was the hottest thing on Broadway. Tickets were impossible to find. Cancel culture stamped it out.
...yeah as far as I know, Hamilton hasn’t been “cancelled”, don’t know where you got that from

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hamilton hasn't really been canceled. Some people on Twitter have tried to cancel it, and a few clickbaity articles are trying to make it seem more extreme than it is. Mostly it's just that some people are understandably being critical of the way we deify the Founding Fathers and tend to ignore/downplay their flaws.
I'm a Hamilton fan, and even I think it's a valid and important conversation to be had.