The New Am I The Only One Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
To each his own.
The only thing I’ve ever added to a grilled cheese is bacon. My wife likes tomato, that’s about as complex as we get.
Some people do go crazy with pizza, hamburgers, not dogs, putting an infinite number of toppings on them. If that’s your deal, fine. It’s your stomach. I won’t condemn anyone for eating something different than me.

Even plain pizza itself is different depending where you go. New York pizza is different from Chicago deep-dish, different from St. Louis (square with an ultra-thin crust, and provolone instead of mozzarella).
But whatever you want on your pizza, go for it.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Tuna is actually a fantastic pizza topping too. I had it once in Germany. I did not expect it to taste as good as it did. Delicious.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Tuna is quite versatile, actually. There's a tuna version of Hamburger Helper that's actually surprisingly good.

But, as far as simplicity is concerned, I'm a mac-n-cheese connoisseur, and I'm here to tell you: there is absolutely nothing whatsoever that needs to be added to this dish: not breadcrumbs, not ketchup, not spam, nothing. Except lobster on occasion.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My favorite “new” kind of pizza (it’s been around for at least 15 years) is chicken bacon ranch.
Or one that has no tomato sauce at all, just broccoli, provolone, and olive oil.

I’m not as adventurous with Mac and cheese, but grilled chicken works.
Pizza is like a blank canvas to paint your masterpiece.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One more thing about tuna that most people don't seem to understand: make sure you get it in oil and not water. Oil preserves the flavor; water dilutes it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One last word on pizza from a few pages back.
The national chains are okay at best. They all had their ups and downs. Many seemed to be better in the past.

Out of the chains around here, here’s how I would rank them:
1 Pizzeria Uno
2. Dominos
3. Papa John’s
4. Pizza Hut
5. Little Caesar’s

Pizza Hut used to be so much better, and just about all of them around here closed.

Little Caesar’s was never good. I tried them in three different states, all consistently awful.
pizzeria Uno specializes in Chicago deep-dish, and puts the rest of the chains to shame.

As disappointing as the chains can be, the mom-and-pop joints are consistently better.
So as long as Branda’s, Frank’s, and Vincenzo’s keep doing what they’re doing (don’t fix it if it ain’t broke) they’ll be in business for a long time.

DMHFan

Reaction score
Am I the only one who had to wait to actually snap his fingers?