The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yep, that tends to happen as well. Sometimes, I'll also experience the exact opposite: the details will come to me faster than I can even write them down, then I'll sometimes end up forgetting a detail or two almost immediately afterward.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I have a unique problem when I write sometimes, and am wondering if this happens to anyone else around here who writes:

Sometimes when I'm writing a story, I almost kind of have to write backwards - or, at least, always write the beginning last. More often than not, I'll know how I want to write the middle of the story (because I know what the plot is), and even the end (because I know how I want the story to be resolved) . . . but I'll be completely lost on how to get to point B from point A, so the beginning with the set-up is usually the last thing I'll write, because it takes me longer to figure out how to set it all up.
I'm doing the same thing. The story I'm creating now, I came up with a great middle. Then the challenge came coming up with a suitable beginning and end. The story has been revised and refined over time, but the core of the middle is still there.
It's a good thing I don't have any deadline to finish it by, but this piece I'm extremely proud of it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Am I the only one, as a child, hated balloons popping? Once when I was a baby my sister popped a balloon in my ear and freaked me out. Birthday parties would make me a nervous wreck with all the balloons, and somewhere at least one will pop, and sounds like a gunshot. So I'd spend most of the time with my fingers in my ears to shield the loud noise. One party there were literally hundreds of balloons and one game was to sit on them and pop them. I joined in (with fingers in ears) and was so relieved when it was over. The whole room was covered with multicolored rubber and string.
Even on Sesame Street, when Grover popped Ernie's balloons, I had to turn the volume down to save myself. Balloons aren't always that big, but dang, are they loud!

Any Del

Reaction score
Am I the only one, as a child, hated balloons popping? Once when I was a baby my sister popped a balloon in my ear and freaked me out. Birthday parties would make me a nervous wreck with all the balloons, and somewhere at least one will pop, and sounds like a gunshot. So I'd spend most of the time with my fingers in my ears to shield the loud noise. One party there were literally hundreds of balloons and one game was to sit on them and pop them. I joined in (with fingers in ears) and was so relieved when it was over. The whole room was covered with multicolored rubber and string.
Even on Sesame Street, when Grover popped Ernie's balloons, I had to turn the volume down to save myself. Balloons aren't always that big, but dang, are they loud!
You think that was nerve wrecking? Try hearing a car tire popping! It sounds like an EXPLOSION!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Never liked the sound of balloons popping myself. Definitely give you a nice scare.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One sound I absolutely cannot stand it when the flaps of a cardboard box are rubbing up against each other - especially the curogated edges . . . the sound is literally like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one dreading the fact that next week is elections week?

Not to mention, I already have a bad feeling in my gut we're going to see the return of an unwanted user for for probably a good while too given that next year alone is a ******* political year.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Am I the only one dreading the fact that next week is elections week?

Not to mention, I already have a bad feeling in my gut we're going to see the return of an unwanted user for for probably a good while too given that next year alone is a ******* political year.
My mom isn’t going to vote, and I might not even vote myself either if my dad works late on Tuesday.