The Muppets are getting worse

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
i have'nt watched sesame street for ages so i can't really say what i think about the recnt shows, but i just hate, really hate Muppets Tonight. i think it ruined the muppets for a lot of people.

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
and Kermits Swamp Years, MAN!!! a muppet film without piggy in, or gonzo, fozzie, rowlf, the electric mayhem, bunsen, beaker, beau etc.
what a REALLy BIG!!! and i mean BIG, disappointment

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I haven't seen Sesame Street recently either, but my neighbor went almost psycho crazy because she heard them use bad grammar and not even correct it. And by psycho crazy, I mean "WHAT IS SESAME STREET COMING TO!!!". I must agree. They should clean it up a bit. But it's otherwise a great educational show.

Marky

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
Kevin Clash in my mind is considered one of the main puppeters, he's like Steve Whitmire, he was there from the late 70's on. It's just most times when people think "Kevin Clash" first thing to mind is...ugh...Elmo.

Eric Jacobson does a great Piggy and Fozzie! Yes, sometimes Fozzie sounds like Piggy and vice-versa, but it's great I think.

Not trying to make an arguement or anything but yeah.
Actually, he joined Sesame Street in 1985 to do Elmo (you know, the little red Gungan Muppet whose taken the show hostage?). He had nothing to do with the original Muppet Show at all. He didn't cross into that world until the inconsistent 'Jim Henson Hour' where he brought the lame Clifford around.

But the Muppets are getting worse. To corporate, too American.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I think a good and fun way, Disney could bring the muppets back are to have them become Actors, not just Muppet Actors, but like, say a movie comes out, and it shows the cast and it sayd like "Sandra Bullok, Jhonny Deppe, Miss Piggy, and ........" you know! Like they could become big name stars, as if they were actors! Also they need in the Muppet movies to not make it try to be so funny, the others were funny for what they were, the didn't need to try, they were just them and that was good enough. Also, bring back Paul Williams and ask him to write the music for the muppet movies. They just arn't the same with out the Music, Like Disney movies, the one's with out the music, just don't have a Disney feel. Also Kemit seems like he has lost his star power, he doesn't seem to have the Manager feel anymore, like he's not in charge. They have made the main characters Gonzo and Pepe, who are better in the passanager seat. And like the new fozzie and piggy seem to be trying to hard to be the old Fozzie and Piggy, instead of just being fozzie and Piggy.
I think they need to be more like the old days, but with the feel of the old days instead of being so modern you know?
Thanks!:smile:

pepestarr

Reaction score
I actually really enjoyed the later films. They havent got the spark but I think Eric is doing a good job of taking over from Frank. Fair enough he dosent match Frank but can anyone?

I agree about Paul Williams. The music he wrote for Muppet Xmas Carol was great! We need more of that instead of R and B in my opinion.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kaiser Gonzo said:
:grouchy: i could'nt bring myself to watch Very merry muppet christmas movie or Muppet oz, and when i got Kermits swap years for xmas, man was dissapointed:boo:
On the contrary, I thought Kermit's Swamp Years was excellent.

spcglider

Reaction score
Sorry to disagree with you Baba, but I couldn't more heartily.

The Muppets have lost their guiding light.

I have no doubt that another person of vision will eventually come along, as it did with Disney Animation so long ago. You have to admit, though Eisner turned out to be not such a great guy in the long run, he turned Disney around and got that company back on it's feet again. That takes vision.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't hand the Muppets over to Eisner... not for all the tea in China... but there is somebody on this planet who can do the job.

If he wasn't so involved in PIXAR, Disney Animation, and Imagineering, I'd nominate John Lasseter.

-G

Marky

Reaction score
They may have tarinished from their glory days, and we all know why.

But come on now, their recent stuff is still likeable! There is worse stuff out there! I really liked (and own) Muppets From Space and It's a Very Merry Muppet... . I'll likely get around to buying Oz, too. I'd take those over nothing any day!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Well, personally, besdies Jim Henson obviously, I think it all kind of went to heck after Richard Hunt died. They said he was the reason for so much of the spirit of the Muppet Show, and I guess that turned out to be true.