The Muppets are getting worse

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
man, what is happening to the muppets. they are so going down hill. i THINK ever since Muppets from space therre has been less and less quality stuff, and come on Muppet Oz was not the best. what do u guys think, are the muppets getting worse:smirk:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Hmm...maybe. Their movies were kick awesome...but yes, after Space it's kind of been going down hill. I'm still optimistic, though. Things could get better.....

BEAR

Reaction score
I wouldn't totally say they are going "downhill" although I do see and understand where you are coming from. The Muppets have been going through a tough transition period lately, especially due to the recent Disney buying them. But we must remain hopeful.:smile:

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
:attitude: Well kimp the shrimp i think u have apoint, but so do the other guys.
i think the main reason for them going down hill, getting a bit worse is because the only original muppeteer left is Dave Goelz, the greatest muppet writer of all time (Jerry Juhl) sadly passed away left year so what next. who is going to continue the legacy.
I personnaly would STOP all together, it would be upsetting, very upsetting but we have no REAL muppeteers left.:grouchy:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Wait...did you mean Dave Goelz wasn't a real Muppeteer? He's rully good. And he was there from the start. But other than him...some of the Sesame Street puppeteers are still there...but not quite anyone else as far as I know.

flyingpenguin

Reaction score
I have to agree that muppet productions are getting crappier & crappier, I didn't even finish watching The Swamp Years or Oz... Yuck! And believe me I'm a hardcore fan, when I was a kid I taught myself to talk like Link, Piggy, Kermit< Fozzie, Marvin & Strangepork, my family found it entertaining, bordering on crazy. But one Henson died, it was never the same. Even Piggy isn't as good as she used to be, there's something missing in the voice.

Sad to think their best ever movie was (in my opinion) their first.

Look at Muppets Tonight compared to the original...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My only problems with some of the more recent Muppet productions was that "Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie". THAT movie was so....ick....The Muppets' Wizard of Oz was much better, but I wish they would let them do theatrical movies agaiin