The Muppet Mindset

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I agree. I don't think having a thread wasn't where the damage was done, we all needed to speak about this and show our support for him.
But what I was not happy about was the fact that emails, FB posts, and tweets were sent out about the news before the accuser pulled the case.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As for the emails sent by MC's personal mailer, I just deleted those since there was a thread going on at that time to attempt to catch up on what the hubbub consisted.
The FB posts and tweets, I can't do anything about that, those are under Phillip's control.
The threads got closed, with all due respect given to the fact that the allegations were retracted just as quickly—and most think erroneously—made. I don't know whether to let them be as closed threads or if deleting them should proceed.

Personally, I hope Ryan's doing well and he decides to come back soon to a community that won't be the same without him.

Edit: And as luck would have it, I'm listening to MCR, and the entire ending of Change of Address is now playing.
:smirk: I have a message for you, from the Trash Heap. You cannot leave the magic of Muppetdom!
Trust me, I went through a period of that, and that was before even discovering MC and making all the friends I have these last ten years. :jim:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Jamie, I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused. I understand the whole message that your putting across, (which I agree 100%), but are these Ryan's words or your own? Sorry for my confusion. :embarrassed:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Jamie's post is indeed accurate and representative of why I'm taking a step back from the forums. (Although, come on, it's not like I've been a major presence here for years anyway.) While I am quite glad that the forum served as a place for Muppet fans to respectfully talk about the issue earlier this week, I found the fact that the site used tabloid headlines on Facebook and Twitter to be an obvious grab for site traffic and incredibly disrespectful. I may have issues with some of the management here, but I will always be thankful for the time spent here and the amazing friends I've made here and I know that we won't lose touch thanks to email and Facebook and everything else. I'm not leaving the forum completely, but I will not be posting anymore unless I really see the need to. This is really no different than what has been my policy for quite awhile now... but the Facebook and Twitter posts earlier this week really pushed me to make this semi-official. As Muppet fan sites, we have quite a lot of responsibility to Muppet fans but we have just as much responsibility to those who bring the Muppets to life. I strongly feel that Muppet Central was not responsible with the power they possess in this instance and that's why I'm stepping away. Obviously me dialing back my presence on this forum will in no way affect The Muppet Mindset. If you need me to explain anything further or if you just want to talk, I would love to hear from you guys in an email or on Facebook!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
That's the general consensus in the Muppetverse right now. I wasn't necessarily presuming to speak specifically for Ryan and didn't include his name in my post for that reason. However this matter has been handled, a little bit of clean-up is in order. :attitude:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I do feel bad that this happened. I just don't know why MC didn't follow the same as Ryan and Ryan and Joe did over at Toughpigs and The Muppet Mindset.
I actually didn't see any Muppet news source reporting this, and for some reason, there were emails, tweets and FB posts about it. I'm just not getting it.
I love this place, but I was pretty annoyed by this episode.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
What I don't get is why the article is still on the main page on MC.
And I think the tweets are still up too. Why aren't they down by now?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I am a little late, but I just want to say thank you to Ryan. He has made me a bigger muppet fan than I ever would have been without the Muppet Mindset. He is a great roll model, and he is doing what he thinks is right. So on behalf of all MC, we say Thank you, Ryan!

Bye PrawnCracker!