The Muppet Mindset

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that the last few weekends haven't had any new posts. I wonder what's going on there. I could see it being because there weren't any articles sent (besides articles that have to be on certain days of the week, like The Great Muppet Survey and Weekly Muppet Wednesday), but there's a number of articles I sent before the weekend that didn't go online until after the weekend.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Finished watching the fan video review of Muppet Adventure: Chaos at the Carnival, and I'm one of those kids who grew up when the game was released back in the 80's. Few things that should be pointed out though.

The items Fozzie has to collect in the maze are a camera, a bowtie, and one of Piggy's gloves.
To counteract the loss of lives, you can either go to Kermit's River Ride swimming all the way until you pick up the toy sailboat or head over to Gonzo's Space Chase and wait to rescue Camilla when she tumbles past in the background for extra lives, then press the exit button to do it over again.
The only thing I remember about the visual appearances of the characters is that Kermit looked like a fat lump when playing in the final level, Dr. Grump's cave/castle. And on that note... Noone would know that the final bosses are pushovers because Kermit's such a fat lump that you can't even avoid the lava ball that drops right on top of you for an instant kill hopping up the first few steps! ! !

*Shrugs, leaves thread waiting for tomorrow's hopeful new WMW addition.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
After going through the list of Muppets who have been profiled as Weekly Muppet Wednesdays, I noticed a couple of omissions and errors.

1 Ma Gorg is missing from the Fraggle Rock section.
2 Miss Mousey, from November 6 2013, is missing from the Muppets section.
3 The date for Zondra's article says she was profiled on June 24 2013, but that should be changed to July 24 2013 instead.

Hope this helps.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
1 Ma Gorg is missing from the Fraggle Rock section.
2 Miss Mousey, from November 6 2013, is missing from the Muppets section.

I've noticed that sometimes the Weekly Muppet Wednesday index includes the latest characters within a week of the articles, and other times it takes awhile for character articles to appear in the index.

I've also noticed in the "other posts" index that a number of articles aren't there yet. Like the index of Muppet Retro Reviews hasn't been updated since the Jim Henson Hour review from May (or was it April?), but there's been at least five new Retro Reviews since.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For no reason at all I have painstakingly gone through all of The Great Muppet Survey entries to tally up which characters have been referred to as the favorites of each contributor. I am counting instances where the survey takers cheated a little by doing ties or including more than three characters from each production without resorting to ties.

From The Muppets:
Gonzo - 24
Kermit - 21
Rowlf - 12
Fozzie - 11
Miss Piggy - 6
Pepe - 6
Scooter - 5
Floyd - 5
Beaker - 4
Walter - 4
Robin - 3
Rizzo - 2
Uncle Deadley - 2
Dr. Teeth - 2
Lew Zealand - 2
The Swedish Chef - 2
Zoot - 1
Lips - 1
Johnny Fiama - 1
Statler and Waldorf - 1
Sam the Eagle - 1
Sweetums - 1
Digit - 1
Penguins - 1
Bobo - 1
Janice - 1
Electric Mayhem - 1

There was one who included the whole Electric Mayhem, so I'm not sure whether I should add one to each member (which would give Floyd a 6, Dr. Teeth a 3, Janice, Zoot, and Lips each a 2, and Animal a 1). Unless I missed something, I'm surprised that Animal didn't get listed as a top 3 favorite for even just one fan. With all the Animal and Kermit merchandise out there while the others get significantly less, we should send this to Disney, and let them know that, as far as survey-takes go, there are more fans who listed Gonzo as one of their three favorites than Kermit. I'm also surprised by the low scores of Beaker and Swedish Chef, and it is a shame Bunsen wasn't included (nobody even included a tie between Bunsen and Beaker, like many did for Ernie and Bert). Though when I took mine, I did consider listing Bunsen and Beaker among my three favorites.

From Sesame Street:
Grover - 23
Big Bird - 18
Ernie - 17
Bert - 17
Cookie Monster - 14
Oscar - 11
The Count - 7
Mr. Snuffleupagus - 3
Telly - 3
Slimey - 2
Elmo - 2
Don Music - 2
Guy Smiley - 1
Barkley - 1
Abby Cadabby - 1
Roosevelt Franklin - 1

I wasn't surprised that Grover got the most picks. Actually even before I decided to keep track of how many times a character was picked I could tell Grover was in first place. Heck, with all three franchises I could tell who the top two choices were (and in all three cases I picked one of the top two - for Muppets I picked Kermit, Sesame Grover, and Fraggle Boober). I sort of regret not including Herry (I thought about him.... and a lot of others), seeing as nobody else did.

From Fraggle Rock:
Wembly - 24
Boober - 16
Cantus - 10
Sprocket - 9
Traveling Matt - 9
Red - 9
Gobo - 8
Mokey - 6
Junior Gorg - 5
Trash Heap - 4
Sidebottom - 3
Cotterpin - 2
Convincing John - 2
Doc - 1
World's Oldest Fraggle - 1
Lanford - 1

There was only one entry from somebody who didn't pick any Fraggle Rock characters due to not seeing much of the show. Though there were a few others who hadn't seen much of the show but did pick anyway (there's also some who aren't too familiar with Sesame Street but did make choices anyway).

And if Grover had only gotten one more pick (unless I miscounted or missed an entry) then the top picks for all three franchises would have been 24.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Something else I noticed, in the list of Weekly Muppeteer Wednesdays in the Other Articles post, Kathy Mullen is missing from the list (after Leslie Carrara-Rudolph and before David Rudman). Also, the date of Brian Henson's article should be corrected to May 18 2011, as May 13 fell on a Friday that year and May 18 is the Wednesday one week before Karen Prell (featured on May 25 2011).

Hope this helps.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't remember if I brought this up on this thread or on the Facebook page, but in the "Muppet Retro Reviews" section of the "others" page, the link that should link to the review of Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting incorrectly links to the review of the first episode of Sesame Street.

I just found out that there's now a Disney-based spin-off blog called The Mickey Mindset, dedicated to Disney animation.
http://mickeymindset.blogspot.com/

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Very great article. Good to know that Clifford will make an appearance in the new movie (would he have been aware of Clifford's appearance if he didn't perform Clifford in the film...?).
It's too bad he didn't appear.

I hope Chase Beecher could tell us what Clifford's role in the film would've been and what he was to do before he ended up not making the final cut.