The Muppet Mindset

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
He's gonna be helping us with our convention endevours once we get this thing started again. He's been a great inspiration for us when we feel like we'll never get this thing going he wrote us a nice letter to not give up and that a Muppet convention needs to happen more then ever right now. And also said he'd help with whatever promoting we need. So his support for our planning team means the world to us right now. He is a great guy! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! With today's WMW entry, we've gotten a total of 120 profiles.
:batty: That's 10, 10 vonderful series of twelve WMW profile articles each!

Thanks to everybody who've kept this series going.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Mindset now has a "Great Muppet Survey": http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-return-of-great-muppet-survey.html

I'm gonna have to think hard about my choices. I know who I'll list as two of my three favorite Muppets, and two of my three favorite Fraggle Rock characters. I've thought of three favorite Sesame Street characters, but then I've also thought of quite a few others for consideration.

I think my choice for "Favorite Muppet/Sesame/Fraggle Rock song" will have to be something I listened to a lot when I was younger, as opposed to something I first heard about online and first heard/saw on YouTube or DVD. If I decide to list any recent song as the favorite, it'll have to be something from 2011's "The Muppets" (probably either "Life's a Happy Song" or "Man or Muppet"). Otherwise, it'll have to be something I liked as a kid and still like a lot. I wonder how many people will pick songs that seem like random choices (I wonder if I'll choose something that I think would be random). Ditto with discussing "the greatest Muppet moment" with the president.

Interesting that one question is about the worst Muppet production (as opposed to the "worst Muppet/Sesame Street/Henson production", or having seperate questions for the others). I can think of a few productions that are high on my least favorites list (Rocky Mountain Holiday, Fantastic Miss Piggy Show, Muppet Treasure Island, Kermit's Swamp Years, and others) but I'd hardly call them "the worst" (well, maybe Kermit's Swamp Years). Most of my least favorite Muppet productions are not that bad (and for many of my least favorites my main complaint is "not enough characters", not just "not enough obscure characters"). I must say that I like my least favorite Muppet productions a lot better than I like my least favorite Henson productions (which include The Dark Crystal, Monster Maker, The StoryTeller: Greek Myths, Mother Goose Stories, Peek-a-Boo, and maybe Buddy).

It'll be interesting to see what people will list as their prized Muppet possession. Be interesting to see whether most people list collectibles from the past decade (Palisades Toys, Master Replicas, TMS/FR season sets, Sesame Steet Old School, and others) or if more will list their favorite things from their childhood.

This'll be an interesting feature.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er... If Sam was first built in October 1964, how could he have appeared on TV nine years earlier in 1955?

Also, now that the WMW articles are featuring artwork by Chris Stultz, are there plans to go back and add similar images to previous candidates' articles? If done, we'd have a virtual Muppet Mindset trading card set, or at least fodder for a grand WMW mosaic/mural/wall of Muppet fame. Just a thought. :jim:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Er... If Sam was first built in October 1964, how could he have appeared on TV nine years earlier in 1955?
I'm sure whomever's fingers typed "1964" just went one key over by mistake. It was probably meant to be 1954.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Quote from the interview:
A new favorite is Lips, the trumpet player. Steve Whitmire has been frustrated that for thirty years he hasn’t really found a character hook for Lips the trumpet player. Just last winter he had to say the line “but we don’t have any instruments.” In a gravelly voice, Steve came out with “Buh we don’ got no insuh-menz.” And the character was born after 30-odd years in labor. I love Lips, and am waiting raptly for his next line.
Well, what do ya know about that!

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I saw that, and I was like,
"LIPS IS FINALLY GONNA SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!"