The Giant Sesame Seed of Sesame Street

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't think I would be a good enough writer to try writing a SS fanfic. I would want to write in storylines about my favorite 80's human cast members along with the muppets :big_grin:! Much Bob/Linda shipping *lol* Maybe even a Linda and Barkley background story before they moved to SS :3

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think I would be a good enough writer to try writing a SS fanfic. I would want to write in storylines about my favorite 80's human cast members along with the muppets :big_grin:! Much Bob/Linda shipping *lol* Maybe even a Linda and Barkley background story before they moved to SS :3
Aw, surely you could write something... it's not too hard, really... just come up with an idea (like those that you had), and then try to flesh it out with a steady storyline with readable dialogue that seem fitting for each character. That's all there is to it, really.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Aw, surely you could write something... it's not too hard, really... just come up with an idea (like those that you had), and then try to flesh it out with a steady storyline with readable dialogue that seem fitting for each character. That's all there is to it, really.
I know I would use one of those ideas...
But SS to me is so near and dear to my heart I can't help but want to write it just perfect, you know?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But SS to me is so near and dear to my heart I can't help but want to write it just perfect, you know?
Oh, I understand you completely.

When you're writing a fanfic about a show (or movie, or whatever) that's so near and dear to your heart, you want it to be just perfect for you, while at the same time, you want it to be just perfect so other fans who will read will be like "Wow, that should've been an episode", "I could that really happening", "So-and-so is SPOT ON", etc.

I feel the same way, and believe me, you learn from your mistakes as you go on; when I started watching Bewitched back in 2003, I THOUGHT I had watched enough to understand each character, but I was wrong, and my fanfics reflected that when comments I earned were along the lines of "Why would Samantha do that?" or "Darrin would NEVER do that to Samantha", but the more I watched the show, and the bigger fan I became of it, was reflected in my fanfics, as people started praising more and more, and calling out mistakes less and less; heck, at one point, one story I wrote won an award at a Bewitched fansite because the webmistress felt it was well-written, and very true to the show, while completely original at the same time. Unfortunately, none of those stories exist anymore.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock is different for me, I first saw it when I was 12. SS on the other hand I have been watching since before I could talk so to write a fanfic for it to me is like the highest level of fandom if I could do it well..Ack, the pressure :stick_out_tongue:!