The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hardee's has been gradually disappearing in my town as well, but honestly, I was never a fan of any of their food - I never really cared for that overly charred flavor their food has, even though I know that's basically their speciality: charbroiled food.

Otherwise, mustard is the only sauce that Krystal (the southern equivalent of White Castle) puts on their burgers, but you really have to be careful, because certain locations go as overboard on the mustard as McDonald's tends to do with their ketchup.

Meanwhile, if you get a burger at Sonic (talk about another burger that'll really sit in the bottom of your stomach), you get the choice of either ketchup, mustard, or mayonaise (I usually go with mayo).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Mayo on a burger is more of a California thing, but not bad.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Depending on the burger I actually usually just prefer putting mustard on a burger (preferably bottom bun) if I’m having ketchup with my fries, but if I’m just having the burger solo then I’m all for adding ketchup. Mayo on a burger isn’t really all that appetizing for me. Chicken definitely, but not beef.

And I don’t live near a Hardee’s so I have no idea what their food is like. 🤷🏿‍♂️

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, this woman seems pretty sweet and joyful. I’d hate to see if she had to deal with a horrible customer.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
When I visited my sister in Nashville in 2012, Hardee’s had a bacon BBQ burger unlike anything we had back home. We stopped at l ast three times, I couldn’t get enough of this thing.
Now this burger is pretty common at the better burger joints up here. Wendy’s had a decent version last year. But Hardee’s came first.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know I’ll admit I’ve only tried BBQ sauce on a burger once.

I mean it didn’t really do much for me, but it was also probably because I did this with a college cafeteria hamburger with little to no flavor.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, this woman seems pretty sweet and joyful. I’d hate to see if she had to deal with a horrible customer.

This is similar to what I did at BKwhen I was sixteen. Back here you put the burger together, but you don’t have contact with the customers. The people who take the orders and the money deal with the customers.

Back in the 70s BK had their jingle

Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce.
Special orders don’t upset us
That is why at Burger King
You have it your way.

Then we had our version

Hold the pickle, crush the lettuce.
Shut up, lady. You upset us.
That is why we ask for you
To throw it away.

It’s amazing I spent so many years working in restaurants, but I hated BK with a passion.
But when you’re sixteen, what do you know?

Any Del

Reaction score
I've ate burgers with BBQ sauce AND Ketchup combined before and it's not bad. However, I never tried a burger with mustard.