The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One restaurant I love is Cracker Barrel. It serves Southern cooking, but we have them up here too.
A few years back, when I was in the hospital recovering from my stroke, there was a post on the nutritional value for Cracker Barrel’s menu. It shook me up. The fat, calories and salt can kill you.
I still like Cracker Barrel, and we get them on DoorDash every now and then. I’m a sucker for chicken fried steak and dumplings.
I figure if I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die happy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thirty is inviting a stroke.
Eithebeber thabut or thebuh dibuhbiabebetes.
One restaurant I love is Cracker Barrel. It serves Southern cooking, but we have them up here too.
A few years back, when I was in the hospital recovering from my stroke, there was a post on the nutritional value for Cracker Barrel’s menu. It shook me up. The fat, calories and salt can kill you.
I still like Cracker Barrel, and we get them on DoorDash every now and then. I’m a sucker for chicken fried steak and dumplings.
I figure if I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die happy.
As long as we're discussing food that'll really sit with you, I swear, Cracker Barrel's dinner sampler is like a freaking banquet unto itself now! Used to, you got just a little sample of their meatloaf, chicken n dumplins, and their ham . . . now, it's like you actually get the dinner-sized portions of each of those items in the sampler! It's insane!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I never been to crackerbarell, wasn’t really on my mind. Haven’t heard too many good things with their political views but all I care about is the food.

And oh my god that clip had me dying of laughter! 🤣 The Bill Cosby impersonation got me!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Haven’t heard too many good things with their political views
They're improving in that area, but yeah, it's like the whole Chick-fil-a thing: don't go there for politics or religion, go there for food.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The one thing I do want to say about the McDouble is it has a very nice texture and comfort feeling when you take a bite. Just the lack of flavor is what turns me away (the cheese only adds about like 5 percent).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe you should get a double cheeseburger instead of a McDouble, because yes, there is a difference: with a McDouble, you only get one slice of cheese, but with a double cheeseburger, you get two slices of cheese.

This feels like the kind of petty thing that George Costanza would make a humongous stink out of honestly.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No, I was thinking that actually. Depending on how I feel with the quarter pounder with the extra meat and the sesame seed bun with ketchup and mustard. I know the McDouble has cheese in the middle. I just didn’t have too many high expectations with the cheese isolated so I went for one.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It used to be unheard of to have mustard on a burger. The first time I ever saw it was once in high school we took a trip down South and stopped at Hardee’s. I opened up my burger and saw mustard on there and thought WHAT???!!! actually, pretty decent.

Once upon a time, we had Hardee’s up here.
Then overnight they disappeared, and in its place came Roy Rogers.
then in 1995 all the Roys up here disappeared , and in came Wendy’s.