The Foam Book

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Sorry to be nosy but I couldnt help it! What prize pack is that exactly?
I ran a puppet building contest on my site last year; Ryan won and got sent some stuff but some of it was returned to me and the rest, well, I imagine some U.S. Postal employee is having fun building puppets right now.

I thought it would be fun to do the contest again this year, but I wanted to get all the stuff straightened out from last year first.

Sorry for not responding to your message here sooner Ryan; I didn't see it until just now. I sent you an email privately.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Dagger Claws said:
Yes, the foam book is still in print. Not only does Grey Seal have the Foam Book, but they also have two videos to using foam PLUS a new Foam Kit. Here's a link to their site, which will have all the information:

http://www.greysealpuppets.com/products.html
Thanks for posting this! I didn't know that they had that available already. I'm going to check it out.

Iggy35

Reaction score
Are the foam book video's available in PAL yet?
I wrote to grey seal asking that question when the videos first came out, and got a reply saying they'd be willing to convert them for me, but it would have costed WAY too much.
If not, I hope they do soon. :frown:

IGGY35

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Just a thought - why not order the NTSC videos and get someone in the UK to convert them for you? Here in Canada there are places that do NTSC/PAL/SECAM conversions all over and many of them are very reasonable. There has to be an affordable way for you to get them converted locally.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I know here in Australia at least NTSC DVDs/videos work just fine on Australian PAL TVs, even our old TV works ok with it and most DVD and video players here at least play both PAL and NTSC as some Austrlaian DVDs are released in the NTSC system.

HeartlessGiant

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I'm new here to the forum (in fact, this is my first post), although i've been lurking for a while. I'm a drama major (acting, writing, directing, anything!) but i've always had an interest in puppeteering. Needless to say, i've pretty much grown up with the muppets (like most of you, i'm sure).

Anyway, that's all beside the point. I bought The Foam Book about a week ago. Good book, it has some good tips, but my copy is missing page 63. In its place is an upside down page 30.

This may sound lazy, :stick_out_tongue: but i'd really rather not go through the trouble of returning it (not to mention that the upside down page adds character!). I was just wondering if anyone out there could scan their page 63 and help me out? If not, no biggie. Just thought i'd give it a shot. Thanks for the help!

GreySealPuppets

Reaction score
Foam Book Missing Page(s)

Please do contact us and we'll be happy to send you a new book. We have had some trouble with our most recent printing of the book, so it helps us to know exactly how many copies had errors.

You can contact us at info@greysealpuppets.com.

Thanks!
Vania Reckard
Grey Seal Puppets

DOGTOW

Reaction score
Hi
it would be cool if we could get these on pal as there must be uk fans who would like to own these videos. also that comp sounds cool where can i see pics of the puppets.

GreySealPuppets

Reaction score
Foam Book Videos on PAL

Thanks for your interest in the Foam Book Videos!

We have looked into the possibility of having the videos converted to PAL, but in order to make it cost efficient to the buyers, we would need to get a large quantity of them made. Since we have only had a few people request the PAL versions, we are not sure if the demand exists enough for us to have them done. We can get one copy converted at a time, but it costs around $10 per copy.

If more people express an interest in the PAL videos, then it will be more likely that we will have them made.

If you would like to see photos of some of the characters we have designed, please visit our website at www.greysealpuppets.com. There are photos from our touring productions, as well as galleries of characters we have custom created for clients.

I appreciate all the feedback that we get. It helps us to serve our customers better.

Thank you,
Vania Reckard
Grey Seal Puppets

biblebetty

Reaction score
you can get the foam book on amazon.com just put in the name "the foam book and if you click on the picture of the book it will show you some of the pages inside like the introduction, etc.

BibleBetty