The Foam Book

RottenPuppets

Reaction score
i've got the older version of the book and I love it. great information to get some basic understanding.. but i don't remember blinking eyes. shouldn't be too hard to rig up if you're just looking to do it manually.

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Foam Book Video

I got the VHS version several years ago. It is a good video to get you started and give you some ideas. Especially if you have never made a puppet.:rolleyes:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm getting a copy of the book in the mail and I'm really looking forward to it.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
You have to order it online. I believe that the Puppeteers of America online store, Amazon.com and Grey Seal Puppets all sell it.

thedoogles

Reaction score
Not so helpful

Have to say, I purchased the Foam Book some time back hoping it would give me some tips on refining some of the building processes with foam.. However, it provided very little help. It's now shelved on the bookshelf and I've had to learn through trial and error... while it's an expensive process, it's one of the best ways to learn.

Cheers
Michael
http://www.thedoogles.com

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I own the book, but haven't got around to reading it just yet. I'm looking forward to though, I must say.

I'm reading a lot of other puppetry books as well.

Kar Ma

Reaction score
The Foam Book is a great way to get started with puppets. It's helped me. I ordered it for a fair price on line at www.abebooks.com. You can often get better deals with Abebooks than with Amazon. At least, that's what's been my experience. Once you learn even a few of The Foam Book techniques you will discover personal innovative ways to build puppets.