The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Teheheman

Reaction score
The guy he's talking about, I think, is the guy who either created Alvin and the Chipmunks or did the voice work for em. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's who he's talking about. The DVD of this movie comes out on April Fools Day.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, let's take a look at this logically...

The man behind the Chipmunks originally was Ross Bagdasarian (otherwise known as David Seville).

The man in charge of The Chipmunks as we know them today is Ross Bagdasarian Jr.

Yeah, I think it's his son, too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Either that, or maybe it's some guy who legally had his named changed, you know how that goes.

Telly

Reaction score
Wow. 20th Century Fox sure pulled out all the stops for this dvd. I didn't get an insert with the chapters. Instead I got one of those "Checks through Mail" ads. There aren't even any Chipmunk checkblanks. Plus it contains the Widescreen AND Fullscreen versions. Put together very cheaply by having the disc be Side A and Side B.
My guess ~ Re-release 2 Disc Special Edition around Christmas time. That way they can milk the "Chipmunk Song" for all it's worth.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow. 20th Century Fox sure pulled out all the stops for this dvd. I didn't get an insert with the chapters. Instead I got one of those "Checks through Mail" ads. There aren't even any Chipmunk checkblanks. Plus it contains the Widescreen AND Fullscreen versions. Put together very cheaply by having the disc be Side A and Side B.
My guess ~ Re-release 2 Disc Special Edition around Christmas time. That way they can milk the "Chipmunk Song" for all it's worth.
Wow! This was Fox's highest theatrical grosser last year and this is how they treat the DVD release? I'd say you are right about a Christmas edition this holiday season.

Inserts are becoming a thing of the past with many DVD releases. Printing is more expensive than is thought. I'm surprised at the double-sided disk because companies love to stick a cute silk-screened image on these sorts of releases. Nonetheless it means that the film is less compressed therefore giving the buyer a higher quality picture. I suppose they didn't want to produce separate full and widescreen versions of the DVD.

I hope the extras are good. I think this DVD is "priced to own" (some places list it under $10) as a Fox "cash cow" rather than the glossy release a film with its box office should receive. My partner will be getting the Blu-ray version so I won't likely get the regular release. :coy:

Still, it just shows that Fox only respects the film's money-making ability and not the content. It's actually a cute film.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anybody know if this newly released version of The Chipmunk Adventure contains any worth-while special features other than the "bonus CD soundtrack"?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow! This was Fox's highest theatrical grosser last year and this is how they treat the DVD release? I'd say you are right about a Christmas edition this holiday season.
I'm surprised you of all people didn't realise that they make the DVD pretty much at the same time they make the movie. It reminds me of a sequence from Spaceballs, actually. They had no idea it would have been anything but a throwaway film, so they just tossed it out as a Babysit the kids for 90 minutes while you and the misses...well... you get the point.

That, and we have this new trend of releasing a "Special edition" a few weeks before the sequal, to tie it in as marketting. So clearly, they filmed special features, and have reels and reels of crap they could use as bloopers and outtakes. They pulled the same stunt with the other Fox film, Garfield. The special edition of that was released just before "Tale of 2 Kitties."