The birth of new muppet fans?

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
I already knew that Bill Gates and the guy who created Pokemon have Asperger's syndrome. Tim Burton does too.

Aw, thanks for the hug. Come here. *hugs back*

What I like about the Muppets is that people can relate to them. I can relate to several myself. Kermit, Gonzo, just about any Muppet musician/singer, Scooter, if there's anyone that I missed I can get to them later.

Haha, we should both be asleep right about now. But once I'm on the computer, it's hard for me to stop thinking.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
but I'd rather just say I am me and that is that :smile:. I don't want to fix me because to me there is nothing wrong with me. I'm happy being a girl with only a handful of friends, not being social, and being a kid at heart who writes and draws and collects toys. That has always been me and I'm not going to have my whole character labeled just because it makes doctors or people on the internet feel like they finally know what 'my problem is' *rolls eyes* If that is normal thinking I don't want to be normal thank you.
Normal? What be this...normal? ^_^ All kidding aside, you should be happy with who you are & Becky, you certainly don't need to change yourself for anyone if you don't want to. Your life is meant to be yours for the taking, after all. XD

and I would have been been born in June if I wasn't premature, but you can't change the past
Are you sure we ain't lost relations? XD I would've been born in January, if I weren't born premature (three months early--in October--at one pound, five ounces).

I'm happy enough being an 80's baby and early 90's child with a disability.
Same here. be yourself & be happy. ^_^

Redsonga

Reaction score
Are you sure we ain't lost relations? XD I would've been born in January, if I weren't born premature (three months early--in October--at one pound, five ounces).
....You know, I always wondered where 'my people' were on the internet. If I had know you were all here I would have joined years ago :wink:.
Three pounds, six ounces (I could wear the doll cloths my grandma made for a doll for me), hole in my heart and weak lungs :smile:. Luckily a pill closed it so I didn't have to have one of those huge scars...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
What I like about the Muppets is that people can relate to them. I can relate to several myself. Kermit, Gonzo, just about any Muppet musician/singer, Scooter, if there's anyone that I missed I can get to them later.
I know what you mean. Me and my dad are always talking about what muppets we are like :stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Whenever I think about that I always think I am like one of the more animal like muppets than the 'human' ones *lol*

Katzi428

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I tried to get my niece (who was then 6) interested in Kermit & the rest of the Muppets.No such luck. She's 8 now & interested in HS Musical, Miley Cyrus & other Disney Shows.
*sigh* :frown:

Redsonga

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I tried to get my niece (who was then 6) interested in Kermit & the rest of the Muppets.No such luck. She's 8 now & interested in HS Musical, Miley Cyrus & other Disney Shows.
*sigh* :frown:
You have to get them very very young before the media mind control sets in IMHO :coy:. That's why I am thinking of giving up any sort of live tv when I have a baby. I went ten years without it before, I can learn again, most of all with all the good DVD boxsets being made now of everything worth watching:excited:.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, you know, I don't know if it's against the law for someone else to watch things that maybe you are not very fund of. And then their is peer pressure and things like that. A would say that maybe some of it is media set and what's marketed towards kinds. But (and this is not towards your niece Kathy) the parents can be very encouraging to like those kinds of things as well. But I thin it's come from a lot of different places. I rememebr when I was younger in school that we all liked some pretty questionable stuff and the teaches was just like I don't know if you all should be watching that kind of things. It wasn't everything, but somethings were popular among that age group that we shouldn't be watching because it was not made to target us. It's as if someone could try to dictate what you watch and what's not for you. I feel like that has a lot to do with what's happing today. There is just this pressure to like and to stay with only what's in the now. people have always come up to me and ask what are you doing watching that, it is before your time. But the simple answer would be because it is a good show and I like it. You get the answer from older people who feel you should only be confined to just what is made for your age. You either too old or too young for said show. Or people your own age look at you funny and wonder why your watching something old or that that say is for baby's when more times then not it is simply not the case.:smirk:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, you know, I don't know if it's against the law for someone else to watch things that maybe you are not very fund of.
Of course it's not silly...I just know first hand that sometimes growing up without live tv (cable or the free type you can get) is not always the worst thing in the world because you are free of all that pressure from the media IMHO, and more open to all sorts of shows. I lived without the Simpsons when all my peers were talking about it, and watched VHS tapes like the Muppet Movie. My reading comprehension level is still thanking me for that to this day (not the lack of Simpsons, just not the 24/7 overdose of tv :wink:)