Summer In The Theater

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
A very heartwrenching chapter I must say. But, you've kept it pretty light to this point, so I figured the other shoe had to drop. I read it twice, once to read it, the second time looking for references, and the only one I think I caught was this line
"I’M JUST ANOTHER PIECE OF BACON FOR THE PIG TO HOG!”
I'm thinking this could be a reference to MTM when Kermit still has amnesia and is going on and on about a frog being in love with a pig, maybe she could bring home the bacon and they'd go hog wild. But I could be wrong. :smile: Anyway, as sad as it is, it was a very good chapter.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Poor Piggy. Poor Kermit. Poor Bob...wait...there was no Bob...nevermind. Great chap. Lisa.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh man... I am such my mother's child... Nyssa, your bit about Bob just cracked me up way more than it should have, and you know why? Because it's ten to ten, that's why. My mom's the same way, after a certain time at night, the tiniest thing can throw her into a laughing fit, and she laughs for a good five minutes before she calms down, and then she's just dead tired. And the "certain time at night" gets earlier and earlier. Examples of what sets her off: "Is Bach's Handel Baroque? Well if it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" also, helping me study for German. Oy...

Um, anyway. Actually, Beth, that wasn't the reference. I mean, I sort of had MTM in mind when I wrote that part, but that wasn't the reference. I'll give you a hint, though. The main reference I think people will get, it's something I've referenced to before, and more than once. One of the things I don't think people will get, I have not referenced before, but I have given a link to it once in commentary... and the third reference, which I don't think you'll get, is... well... nevermind, you don't get a hint for that one. Haha.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Fozzie didn’t know what to do. “Wanna hear a joke?” he offered. “A frog walks into a bank-“
Hey...That's my shtick!

But anyway, great, no, wonderful chapters Lisa! I loved the yard sale, and the jacuzi, and the fight, and the Muppeteers and everything!

Oh, and another thing, I didn't catch the reference to Muppet High, either I'm to tired to understand it, or I don't know my story to well...so could you please explain the reference to me? Thanks!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
yes, that's your schtick. I knew you'd catch it!

And, er, the reference you're looking for, you mean in this last chapter? <chuckle> The main reference in this chapter, which is something that I have referenced before... you notice I do not specify when it was referenced before. But it has been referenced before, and I'm sure some one will catch it. Yes, 'tis only a matter of time... I'm rather enjoying this...

Oh, and by the way, prawncracker? What's the rest of that joke? It's been driving me crazy. Wait, I already am crazy. Well, it's been bothering me, let's put it that way. So, a frog walks into a bank... and then what?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Oh, and by the way, prawncracker? What's the rest of that joke? It's been driving me crazy. Wait, I already am crazy. Well, it's been bothering me, let's put it that way. So, a frog walks into a bank... and then what?
Yay! Someone actually wants to here the rest of my hillarious frog in a bank joke! Okay, here goes...

So, a frog walks into a bank and walks up to the teller, he can clearly see her name on her name tag, Patty Wack. He approaches her and asks, "Hello, I'd like to borrow $30,000 to buy a boat." "$30,000? That's alot of money, are you good for it?" Patty Wack asked. "Oh yes, you see, my name is Kermit Jagger, my father is McJagger." The frog said. "Oh, do you have any colateral?" Patty asked. "Yes, this." The frog said as he handed her a small pink glass elephant. "Well, I'll have to go check with my boss to make sure we can accept it." She said as she walked to the boss's office. "Boss, there's a frog out front named Kermit Jagger, he wants to borrow $30,000 for a boat, and he gave me this as collateral." She said as she handed the elephant to him. "What do you make of it?" She asked. And he said..."It's a nick nack Patty Wack, give the frog a loan, his old man is a Rolling Stone."

Ah ha ha! That's so funny!

Oh, and I still don't get the reference...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yay, I like the joke!

And I'm not telling the reference. I already hinted. Someone will get it. I guarantee someone will get it.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Well, Beth, the "Miss-Piggy-asking-for-her-morning-kiss" was a bit of a reference to "Destination: Home," but the main reference I was thinking of was actually to theprawncracker's "Muppet High." But... I think I'll let him tell you what it was... because I'm just about positive that he should catch it...
No, this reference.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<headslap> You did get it, silly. That's what "A frog walks into a bank" was!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
OH! Oh my gosh! I thought Kermit and Piggy were the reference! Oh! Thanks for the reference Lisa!