Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Awesome! Matt is perfect!
How can you honestly come up with that with something so short?

1. We have not heard him sing.

2. We have not seen how he interacts with the other Muppets.

For Kermit these two points are huge, because that's who Kermit is. You can not base Matt's performance on these two videos. At best it would be Ok and needs work.

Censored

Reaction score
How can you honestly come up with that with something so short?

1. We have not heard him sing.

2. We have not seen how he interacts with the other Muppets.

For Kermit these two points are huge, because that's who Kermit is. You can not base Matt's performance on these two videos. At best it would be Ok and needs work.
So far, so great! Sounds just like Jim and, yes, Kermit does appear more likable again. And I'm sure they auditioned Matt to make sure he sings well and has good chemistry with the other Muppets before they gave him the job.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
So far, so great! Sounds just like Jim and, yes, Kermit does appear more likable again. And I'm sure they auditioned Matt to make sure he sings well and has good chemistry with the other Muppets before they gave him the job.
More likable? From one line of dialogue?

I kept watching the clip and even without the audio, and just watching the motions and expressions, it's almost as if Kermit isn't even there. He's just kind of bored. But we all have our own perspectives.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know... i don't see and hear what your saying. For starters he dose not really sound closer to Jim's Kermit. At least to my ears anyways, and Ive watched both videos countless times.
Secondly, how can you base that Kermit seems"happier" in these two videos?
Steve has said countless times that as far as Kermit being played as depressed or whatever is all do to the writing and is exactly what he was standing up for, and trying to change.

I completely understand showing Matt and the Muppets support, but at the same time I'm not going to just accept that Disney was right and Steve should have been let go years ago.

If you read Steve's blog you will see we are slowly starting to see the things he has been talking about coming true. Especially with his views on understudys.