Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I understand how you feel. But, please keep an open mind towards Matt.
Why?
I'm not saying that Matt is not a great preformer. He has done awesome with Uncle Deadly, Floyd and all of Jerry's characters. Steve and Jerry both took Matt to Disney and said that they wanted him to start doing Jerry's characters. So that they could be permanently recast and not bounced around from preformer to preformer. It was one of Jerry's last wishes for his characters. Now that Matt is taking on this huge role his other characters are going to be pushed to the side. It happened to Bean , and in the last few years it's happened to Rizzo.

All that being said I have no doubt that Matt will do the best he possibly can as Kermit. However its simply not his time!

Allow me to be devil's advocate for once and say - of course Steve would say that.

:embarrassed:
Well he did say it, and in my opinion he has the right to say it. Who would know that better than the man himself?

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
Steve got to perform Kermit for 27 years. I don't think they're just "passing Kermit around." It was time for a change.
It was less about a "change" and more of them just letting Steve go because of him not agreeing on decisions made to the character. Which to me, hasn't been displayed yet here.

If they want a more Jim-like portrayal, show it to me. Prove to me that the direction they're going for with the character is right. Cause nothing has proved that yet.

Censored

Reaction score
It was less about a "change" and more of them just letting Steve go because of him not agreeing on decisions made to the character. Which to me, hasn't been displayed yet here.

If they want a more Jim-like portrayal, show it to me. Prove to me that the direction they're going for with the character is right. Cause nothing has proved that yet.
You can't really prove something that is a matter of preference.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Personally I thought Matt sounded fantastic in that clip. Much better than the Thought of the Week (but I'm sure by now he's had a lot of time to practice).

I'll miss Steve, and I really hate hearing about how he was difficult to work with and stuff (and I hope it's not all completely true), but I feel like Kermit is in good hands now.

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
Yea I thought it sounded a little better, but then again we've only heard 2 sentences. I believe Matt will do good things with Kermit so I'm too worried. I am worried however that some of Steves other characters won't get the same care. I hope they at least attempt to keep Link, Rizzo, The Newsman, and Lips in productions.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I could care less for Rizzo and sit back and eat popcorn while watching possible rage over Rizzo's lack of appearance.