Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I could see why you guys think that, because in this interview, it seems like less of a forced Kermit impression, and more that Matt is settling into the role (much like Steve did), therefore altering the voice a bit. I have a feeling what we see in this interview will be pretty close to the Kermit we will see for years to come.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I could see why you guys think that, because in this interview, it seems like less of a forced Kermit impression, and more that Matt is settling into the role (much like Steve did), therefore altering the voice a bit. I have a feeling what we see in this interview will be pretty close to the Kermit we will see for years to come.
In my opinion he actually sounded a lot more like Steve in that clip. His mannerisms are very good and i'm quite impressed.

Meanwhile, it seems a bit odd that they interviewed them only for the clip to be so short. Hopefully a longer version will be released somewhere.

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
Wow! I'm impressed by Vogel in that news clip. It's almost like Steve never left. As for the Muppet Thought of the Week video, I figured that was done months ago. His voice had that rubbery quality that Jim Henson's voice had, but it sounded more high-pitched and stale.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I can't say I feel like Steve had never left cause to me I still feel that emptiness and don't see the character I've loved for years, but that's my opinion. I know soon enough my attachment to Steve's performance might go away. Maybe..

But I'm hoping that they'll post the whole interview because I wanted to see Matt's Kermit interacting with Piggy. Having that interaction might make me warm up to Matt. As of right now, I like how he's doing the mannerisms and facial expressions, but the performance isn't warming up to me yet. But again, 15 second clip..

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's ok not to like Kermit's new voice and actions. It dose not mean your a terrible Muppet fan. It also dose not mean your aginst Matt for not thinking to fondly of what he is doing with Kermit. The two videos we have seen so far have been very short, and we really do not have a lot to truly base a good solid thought on.
It's ok to be angry at this whole mess between Steve and Disney, and this is going to take time. Time to adjust, time to heal, and for some a time to forgive.

Also even though all this has happened it's also ok to not jump on the bandwagon of yes Disney was right Steve should have been let go years ago. It dose not make you a terrible Muppet fan to still want to support Steve, and hope he will someday return. So please don't feel bad if your thoughts on Matt's performance is off it's going to work out one way or another.